I have been on upwork for 12 years now (previously elance),
I have been on the forums for a couple years but never really participated much,
I figured, what better way than to help others, ask away, some stats below (you can also click to see my profile)
👉 Earned $2 Million+ on Upwork.
👉 Completed 400+ jobs on freelance platforms.
👉 Attained 200+ 5-star reviews.
👉 Worked 40,000+ hours on freelance platforms
👉 Earned a 100% Feedback Rating
👉 Worked with 1,000+ Clients
Thank You - Sam
Your experience is great! It is commendable that you decided to share your knowledge. :excellent:
Can you take a look at my profile and suggest what could be improved?
Have you had a hard time getting a job on the platform?
can you help me
Thank you for your kind words. At the start, it took me around 2 weeks to get my first job. The thing is, that was 12 Years ago and it was elance, Things have changed as you know. I will have a look at your profile and get back to you here.
I hope all is well. I am sorry to hear that life has been hard for you. You can do this BUT, you have to really focus on making sure that your profile is complete, from there, you need to get out there and submit proposals.
am really awestruck that you are doing this, thank you, am in the same situation as cynthia and i think clients in my space filter out people with no upwork experience
I had a look at your profile and like the 3D modeling work you have on there.
1. I woudl add a LOT more samples if you have them.
2. I would add videos of your 3D models
3. You will need to go out there and and submit proposal after proposal until you land some
4. Do not focus on the HUGE projects, those are usually given to longer term freelancers (longer history / reviews, etc)
5. You need to build a history /feedback / reviews and testimonials
6. Start small and grow from there, we all started at zero...
I hope all is well, Below are some things I noticed:
1. You have to many emoticons in the opening paragrah and everything below
2. Good Job on the review, it all looks great
3. if you can add an intro video, that would be great
4. More certifications if you can find some that make sense for your niche.
5. Get Testimonials, these are people from outside of Upwork who can leave you a review
6. Continue to work hard, submit proposals and keep those reviews / jss strong
Cynthia, "Great communication/ representation skill" is not a job title. In addition, you need to check your too short profile. I have no idea why you think what you listed is worth $120.00 an hour, but you are never going to get a legitimate job. Your skills are all over the place, yet you don't mention any of them in your introduction.
If you want to be a freelancer, learn the Terms of Service and follow them. Create a profile with a portfolio.
Decide what real skills you have. Typing, writing critique?
Before you get scammed, read this advice from Wes
Freelancing is a business and must be treated like one if you are to succeed. It is not for everyone, and most freelancers never land a job. You must be professional and competitive in your skills if you want to be a freelancer.
Please read this post and visit all the links. There is a tremendous amount of help directly through Upwork. If you have already been through the Academy, you can hover over the links to see where they lead.
Change your photo so you can clearly see your face and remove the background. You need to tell the client in your introduction what you can do for them. There is nothing in your portfolio. Please go through everything I have mentioned. You need to learn more about Upwork and how to write your profile, portfolio, and probably proposals.
U are so wonderful and am impress with ur advice, please check my profile and help me see if there's any way I can make an amendment, though am a newbie and haven't gotten any job
I hope all is well, I had a quick look at your profile and here are a few pointers:
- You need to add more portfolio items
- You need to add a video if you can, that always helps.
- Add some certifications here if you can, they also help
- Add more items in your introduction
Hello Cynthia -- Sending prayers your way. Don't give up!
Check out Upwork's Academy for Newbies and take the 101 Courses for working on Upwork. They will help you set up your profile for success, set your price, identify and market your skills, write winning proposals, etc.
I have been on the platform for a few weeks and secured several jobs after implementing the tools I learned in the courses.