Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd of Duplicate Account

Highlighted
Chiel Anne D Member Since: Feb 13, 2017
1 of 6

Hi,

I am an agency owner and with the type of business that I currently have we are aware that our company  ( Online agency on Upwork ) and our contact center have rules and policies to implement. Those agents that were terminated and resigned before they were hired they signed a copy of contract including NDA and had an orientation about it too. However, there were some who violated the Upwork policies and kicked out by the company to make sure that their unprofessional acts wont affect and hinder our work status and work environment virtually and physically. Since we are no longer connected with them we still make sure that they do not publicly use our company information including name of the clients, campaigns acquired and also our workaround as being stated on the contract. How can Upwork protect the agency from these people who were able to create a 2nd account even though 1st account is deleted as requested by the agency and were able to use our company acquired campaigns as their portfolio and added on their work history to get approved by Upwork?

Is there a way to eliminate people kicked out from Upwork not to have a duplicate or 2nd account as courtesy to the businesses like agency that is providing more income to Upwork and acquiring more people to get a decent job using our client acquisition team which purchases connects and takes risk to provide work to the people who are working with us professionally and accordingly?

Also, do we have something to read on regarding agency vs. terminated and resigned freelancers? 

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 6

Hi Chiel,

Opening a second account on Upwork is a serious violation of our TOS. Please send me a PM with more details about this and their profile links, our team will investigate this further and proper actions will be taken. Regarding your last questions could you please share more details on what you`re referring to? Thank you.

Untitled
3 of 6

Hello,

There were freelancers that were terminated created a 2nd account and used
the company's campaign to get approved. Also, another employee of Upwork
stated that creating a NEW or 2ND ACCOUNT is not a violation which is
clearly known since then that 2 accounts or duplicate accounts are not
allowed on Upwork as per your TOS. Below is the statement sent to me via
email by Maria from the Escalations Team.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

4 of 6

Hi Goran, 

How can I send a pm to you with this kind of issue that has been circulating already on Upwork?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
5 of 6

Hi Chiel,

Please click on my Name and the click on the Message button. Thank you.

Untitled
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 6

If those were people who were banned from Upwork (NOT just fired from your agency) by Upwork then they should not be allowed to open a new account.

If they were only fired by the agency that's a different matter. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS