🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » 3 months on upwork, 17 jobs, 1k+ earned, repe...
Page options
animator-2d
Community Member

3 months on upwork, 17 jobs, 1k+ earned, repeated clients, JSS 100%, Still no Rising Talent Badge?

Hello,

Q1 - 3 months on Upwork, 17 jobs, 1k+ earned, repeated clients, JSS 100%, Profile completeness is also 100%.

Still no Rising Talent Badge. 😞

Q2 - Work completed on time but some are delayed from the client end to provide the files late to work on.  does that affect not getting the badge?

Please let me know.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Ammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that the Rising Talent program is designed for freelancers who don't have their Job Success Score yet. Once they receive their JSS, the freelancer can start working toward receiving the Top Rated badge.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
sofia2008
Community Member

You have a JSS now because you have enough history. Rising Takent bagde is sometimes given when there is not enough history. Here is the help article. Rising Talent – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Thank you, Sophie, Make sense 🙂

NikolaS

Hi Ammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that the Rising Talent program is designed for freelancers who don't have their Job Success Score yet. Once they receive their JSS, the freelancer can start working toward receiving the Top Rated badge.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hey Nikola,

I thought the Rising Talent badge was necessary to be applicable for Top Rated Badge.

Thanks for clearing out the confusion, appreciate your response.

No: It's actually not. Depending on how fast you progress & how quickly your earnings grow, you can actually end up skipping' steps. Since the UW system updates ever 2 weeks, you can actually cross more than one 'step' in that time.   I don't believe I ever had a 'rising talent' badge. I couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting one, and then one day, I just logged in and had a JSS  (which is higher up the totem pole than a rising talent) - then 2 weeks later I logged in and was top rated plus - so either I skipped the regular 'top rated', or it lasted less than the   '2 weeks' it takes UW to update profiles, scores, badges etc.  I never saw a badge on my profile or an email for either the rising talent or top rated achievement.  Don't worry, the JSS is what matters to stand out to future clients and what you need to obtain  Top Rated

65b1ab38
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

I have complied with all the requirements to earn a Rising Talent Badge, I do not have a JSS score yet.  Why have I not received the badge?.

It will really help me land more jobs and grow further. I thought I had complied with all the requirements so I am very surprised that I have to ask about it.

Kind regards,

65b1ab38_0-1679832574713.png

65b1ab38_0-1679832480072.png

Hi Kim,

The Rising Talent status is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed here. This process is working as designed, and we can't specify a reason why a freelancer isn't eligible to receive the Rising Talent badge. Once you qualify, you should receive a notification letting you know.

~ AJ
Upwork
2b9c8c75
Community Member

Nice to see there's hope for newbies, Ammad. Congrats and continued success.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members