cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 days under review? Whaaaat?

Highlighted
Marc Rojie L Member Since: Mar 2, 2011
1 of 2
I've followed the instructions like this one "If you are engaged in a long-term contract, please email us at accountreview@odesk.com and provide the name of the project." And you guys just sent me this? ""Thank you for contacting us and we apologize for the inconvenience. At this time, your account does not qualify for reinstatement. We recommend that you continue to work on your current job/s as usual and send another email to accountreview@odesk.com after 30 days for review. Once you have done this, we will contact you with a decision. In the meantime, we would like to ask for your patience and understanding."" Apologizing doesn't mean anything if you haven't told me the "reason why". You said "2-Weeks" & and I've patiently waited, and now "30-days"? What's next? 60-days? 90-days? Banned? Blacklisted? What the hell is going on with odesk? I have been applying on Job post until I almost used up my Job quota limit, And there was no warning or whatsoever that my applications will not be receive because my account was under review, that all of my "SUCCESSFUL" job applications was useless. So when I opened up my "Email" 2 days have passed, I've just read that my account was under-review, so I checked all the Job posting where I've my applications & I couldn't see my Name on the applicant's. I have a feeling that you're using an automated system, It sounded like a robot giving out canned replies. 3-years working hard on odesk, we earn = you earn. I think it's time to leave oDesk & try out some other alternatives, they say it's better out there.
Highlighted
sivakumar r Member Since: Jul 20, 2010
2 of 2
I face the same situation as you but on a different platform, Elance. They recently sent me en email saying that it will take them 30 days to get the account reviewed. To be frank i don't know what they think of us, the freelancers. It's time to move on. Start a blog or website. Promote you as a freelancer. That's how we can compete with Odesk and Elance!
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS