🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: $300 Chargeback on my account
Page options
oleije
Community Member

$300 Chargeback on my account

I just got back from vacation and realised $300 has been deducted from my account due to chargeback from the client. 

I have completed all the clients’ jobs as he requested and the client said he’s 100% satisfied with my job. I did not authorize the refund. 

Upwork sent some emails about it. But I was on vacation. I just saw the emails today. 

The chargeback was deducted for two milestones:

Milestone 1 -  $200

Milestone 2 - $100

Upwork claimed only $100 was refunded. It was actually $300. This refund can be verified on my Upwork account. Please go ahead and verify. 

I want Upwork to contact the client to pay my $300 as soon as possible. 

The request I.D. is 33511929 and the status is solved. I want the request to be reopened. Please I was on vacation and I just saw the message today. 

8 REPLIES 8
alekseevpavel78
Community Member

Williams O wrote:

The request I.D. is 33511929 and the status is solved. I want the request to be reopened. Please I was on vacation and I just saw the message today. 

You just need to reply to the customer support there and the case will be open again.  

oleije
Community Member

I couldn't reply because it was marked as solved.

PradeepH

Hi William,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the chargeback. I see that you have already responded to one of the notifications sent to you via your registered email address. One of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible to assist you further. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. You can view and respond to the support ticket via your registered email address as well.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
oleije
Community Member

Thank you. I will do what you have advised. 

petra_r
Community Member

Williams O wrote:

I want Upwork to contact the client to pay my $300 as soon as possible. 

You'll have to do that yourself.

oleije
Community Member

Refusing to pay freelancers after a job is completed is satisfactorily is against Upwork policy. Also, Upwork is responsible for collecting payments from clients directly. 

I believe Upwork should also contact the client about why he did the chargeback. 

I have done that already and he denied it. Banks don't initiate chargebacks without the owners of the account requesting for it. 

So, Upwork should reach out to the client. 

re: "So, Upwork should reach out to the client."

There is a difference between "should" and "will."

There is nothing wrong with you believing that Upwork should reach out to the client. But that doesn't necessarily mean that Upwork will reach out to the client. Moreover, reaching out to the client may not yield any results.

Asking Upwork to contact the client is to investigate why a job is done as requested, payment was approved, and then the client did chargeback. It's that simple. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths