cowgill-sarah

35,000 word eBooks for $300

Has anyone on UpWork ever dealt with this client? I'm just curious...I guess if I could write a 35,000 well researched book--one for each president--I'd pulish it myself....

Baby rant over. 

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable
This widget could not be displayed.

@sarah C wrote:

Has anyone on UpWork ever dealt with this client? I'm just curious...I guess if I could write a 35,000 well researched book--one for each president--I'd pulish it myself....

Baby rant over. 

I have not. However, this client offers 15 jobs at the moment (some only 150 USD for  35,000 words) and has hired more than 400 freelancers over the years. Topics about famous persons or history, well researched! The results must be plagiarism, I wonder where these books are sold.

@Margarete M wrote:

I wonder where they are sold.

Kindle

Buyers like this belong to a class of ecommerce company that I call "wannapreneurs." Once true pros learn how to spot these buyers, they don't even look at their project descriptions.

Some of these eBook publishers specialize in knocking off the current "flavor of the month," which is why you'll suddenly see an explosion of requests for books like 50 Shades of Grey or The Secret. Almost all have such slim profit margins that they'd lose money if they offered professional rates to writers. 

Just have a quick laugh at their budgets and move on.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
This widget could not be displayed.

@Peter G wrote:

Buyers like this belong to a class of ecommerce company that I call "wannapreneurs." Once true pros learn how to spot these buyers, they don't even look at their project descriptions.

Some of these eBook publishers specialize in knocking off the current "flavor of the month," which is why you'll suddenly see an explosion of requests for books like 50 Shades of Grey or The Secret. Almost all have such slim profit margins that they'd lose money if they offered professional rates to writers. 

Just have a quick laugh at their budgets and move on.

Interesting. However, the client has spent more than 30,000 USD on Upwork. So he must be able to earn something. 

The churn and burn Kindle ebook market is pretty propular with the lame "internet marketers." They spam Amazon with 100 books and make a few bucks a month. They don't care about quality.

I have found some ebook people want quality. These are the people hosting the books on their site and Kindle is just an extra to what they are marketing. 

@Peter G wrote:
 which is why you'll suddenly see an explosion of requests for books like 50 Shades of Grey
Well, most of the "35 000 for $ 300" writers could improve on the original....

Lol, Petra!

lysis10

The ebook market on here is terrible.

Full agreement with Petra's comment.  As Pete said - "wannapaneurs" who are looking only for fluff ... and most likely getting plagurism.  After the quote marks the words are mine and not his.

Laugh (if possible) and move on ....