Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

38,000+ hours?

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
11 of 49

NO T-shirt of any kind for you!

Project the image of a successful professional, not a comfortably-attired hiree.

menikhildesai
Community Guru
Nikhil D Member Since: May 28, 2015
12 of 49

Aye, aye Capt'n Smiley Happy

Thanks for the input, really appreciated!! 

creativedigit
Community Guru
Wassim T Member Since: May 29, 2015
13 of 49

I hope you never become a minister Preston. I think you'd change the customes in the entire country for workers & employees, and many people cursing you everyday in hope that you die.

creativedigit
Community Guru
14 of 49

"Also, considering that I stay in India, $5/ hr is a really good compensation"

Nikhil,

I think this explains why there's lots of lowballers on Upwork. It's obvious people in India can make a good living on a $5/hr rate, whereas so many other professionals around the globe can't compete with this! This is really interesting information to know.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
15 of 49

re: "I think you'd change..."

I enjoyed your comment, Wassim, but you probably have nothing to worry about.

I may proffer stern advice at times, but it's only in the interest of helping people earn more money and get jobs they like better.

I don't actually care how people dress on a regular basis. But the profile photo is a singular opportunity to make a first impression, sometimes with clients who have 40 job proposals to look at and only have time to read 4 before making a hiring decision.

menikhildesai
Community Guru
16 of 49

The USD to INR exchange rate helps, Wassim. Smiley Happy

Now, please don't kill this lone Indian guy Smiley Very Happy

creativedigit
Community Guru
17 of 49

Oh no Nikhil. I highly respect all nations on our planet and India is a great civilization. I was just saying that it makes more sense to me now why there's many Freelancers bidding too low on freelancing sites. I knew about the wage differences but I never thought that $5/hr is considered a good rate for Indian professionals. I thought that was good for someone in the entry level only.

menikhildesai
Community Guru
18 of 49

I never doubted that, even for a second, Wassim. You are a great guy and I like reading your comments, along with Preston, Jennifer, Mariska and the other 'Usual suspects' (love that movie, Preston/ Setu would be our Kaizer Soze) who lurk these forums ....

India is a country with a huge huge population (yes, its true...1.25 billion and counting), hence its a huge market for companies. So they compete with each other and as a result they lower the costs to ridiculous levels!! Our call rates and internet data usage rates have to be seen to be believed Smiley Happy

A grilled cheese sandwich costs less than half a dollar but fancy pizzas still costs $12 or more Smiley Sad

Vehicles are still a luxury, and gas is extremely expensive....

And its a very peaceful country where every other day there is one festival or other. So goodluck with your ears and stomach Smiley Very Happy

All in all, we win some and lose some. All that we need though is a corruption free goverment.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
19 of 49

Nikhil, thanks for your info!

menikhildesai
Community Guru
20 of 49

That's Preston's subtle way of saying...."Now, shut the F@#& up" Smiley Very Happy 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS