Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd milestone is not active and I can't submit the final project

edoardo_villa
Edoardo V Member Since: Jun 20, 2017
1 of 5

HI there,

I'm currently working on a project divided into 3 milestones.

The first two went good and found have been released straight away, while in the 3rd and final milestone I can't submit anything even though my client is happy with the result, so the remaining and final founds haven't been released yet.

how shall I proceed? is something from my side or from my clients?

Attached a screenshot of the job details.

thanks,

Edoardo

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 5

The client has not funded the milestone, there are no funds in Escrow, you can not submit anything.

The client can fund and release the 3rd. milstone, but if the cliient does not, there is nothing you can do.

View solution in original post

edoardo_villa
Edoardo V Member Since: Jun 20, 2017
3 of 5

Hi Petra, 

thanks for the help.

So just to be clear, if the client decides to don't fund the milestone and go away with files etc, I've just lost the remaining amount that I was meant to earn?

Also, in the job description, it said: "founded", so what are those founds referring to?

Thanks,

Edoardo

kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
4 of 5

@Edoardo V wrote:

Hi Petra, 

thanks for the help.

So just to be clear, if the client decides to don't fund the milestone and go away with files etc, I've just lost the remaining amount that I was meant to earn?

Also, in the job description, it said: "founded", so what are those founds referring to?

Thanks,

Edoardo

Yes, you are correct in that assumption. You won't get paid that last milestone if the clients decides not to fund it.

Do you mean "funded?" It means that the client deposited (funded) money into escrow. It has nothing to do with how MUCH was funded, just that there's money in escrow.

Some people like to read information about how a site such as this works, it's procedures and policies etc. And some people like to just jump right in and see what happens, learning from experience, even though that experience means they will get scammed and lose money. (need I say more?)

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 5

@Edoardo V wrote:

1) So just to be clear, if the client decides to don't fund the milestone and go away with files etc, I've just lost the remaining amount that I was meant to earn?

2) Also, in the job description, it said: "founded", so what are those founds referring to?

1) Yes.

2) It means the first milestone was funded.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS