🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » 4.5 rating after getting three 5s bad?
Page options
f9ef1642
Community Member

4.5 rating after getting three 5s bad?

Hi everybody,

I just got a 4.5-star rating on a job I completed. The client has given a good (written) feedback. 

I am fairly new here. Will this feedback be destructive for my career?

Also, should I discuss it with my client as to why he has left a less-than 5 star so I can work better next time?

Due apologies if this has been asked before. I searched but couldn't find it here. 
Thanks in advance!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

4.5 is a very good score. That means you were rated with a perfect 5 or nearly so in all six categories the client was asked to rate you on,

That indicates genuine thoughtful consideration on the part of the client. That is better than a straight 5.00 that came about because a client thoughtlessly clicked all fives.

re: "Will this feedback be destructive for my career?"

No. Not destructive. This is good feedback. And it looks authentic.

Freelancers with nothing but straight fives? I know that is not accurate. Nobody is perfect all the time. That just looks fake to me.

re: "Also, should I discuss it with my client as to why he has left a less-than 5 star so I can work better next time?"

Dont do that. You can simply click on your star ratings and see the numbers behind the star average. You can view exactly what you were rated in each category.

Don't pester clients about your star ratings.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

4.5 is a very good score. That means you were rated with a perfect 5 or nearly so in all six categories the client was asked to rate you on,

That indicates genuine thoughtful consideration on the part of the client. That is better than a straight 5.00 that came about because a client thoughtlessly clicked all fives.

re: "Will this feedback be destructive for my career?"

No. Not destructive. This is good feedback. And it looks authentic.

Freelancers with nothing but straight fives? I know that is not accurate. Nobody is perfect all the time. That just looks fake to me.

re: "Also, should I discuss it with my client as to why he has left a less-than 5 star so I can work better next time?"

Dont do that. You can simply click on your star ratings and see the numbers behind the star average. You can view exactly what you were rated in each category.

Don't pester clients about your star ratings.

Thank you very much, Preston. 
I was worried after seeing people fretting over anything less than 5 (even 4.8) and working (or pursuing) a 5-star almost aggressively.

Not neccesary genuine and thoughtfull if the client gives lower then 5 star feedback without explaining what he was unhappy with?! Especialy when the freelancer has gone the extra mile, and the project was completed sucesfully above expectations?! I would see such client/s as dishonest, dubious, and would certainly avoid them in the feuture.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members