🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: 4 months old position in my work feed - i...
Page options
m_nordli
Community Member

4 months old position in my work feed - is it still active? can I send a proposal?

Hi, 

I just wonder if all positions that show up in my feed are active? There is one I really would like to apply for, but it was posted over 4 months ago, so I am uncertain wether I should use my Connects, maybe to be disappointed if this job is not active anymore and I loose my Connects.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
hoyle_editing
Community Member

If the job is still showing then it is supposed to still be 'active' yes, however, id look at the advert and see how many others have applied and when the client last looked at job.

Personally i wouldnt dream of bidding on a job that old, but the niche that im in may work very differently to yours.

Good luck

Jon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
hoyle_editing
Community Member

If the job is still showing then it is supposed to still be 'active' yes, however, id look at the advert and see how many others have applied and when the client last looked at job.

Personally i wouldnt dream of bidding on a job that old, but the niche that im in may work very differently to yours.

Good luck

Jon

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Michelle N wrote:

Hi, 

I just wonder if all positions that show up in my feed are active? There is one I really would like to apply for, but it was posted over 4 months ago, so I am uncertain wether I should use my Connects, maybe to be disappointed if this job is not active anymore and I loose my Connects.

If the client does not look up the job posting for 30 days, it is closed by upwork. A client that keeps a job posting active by looking at it from time to time for 4 months, IMO, is slighty weird. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members