🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: $45 fee to Access Reports
Page options
maemargaretm
Community Member

$45 fee to Access Reports

Does Upwork now charge $45 to access reports? My client is asking if I am aware of this and I told her I'll ask around because I am not aware.

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Upwork is instituting new client membership plans, including a plan that is free.

All plans include reports.

There is a plan that costs $49.99 that has ADDITIONAL reporting.

Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 5.14.38 PM.png

If a client asked me too look into this, I guess I would just send the client a link to Upwork's client plans page.

But, really, this doesn't have anything to do you as a freelancer.

Preston H wrote:

But, really, this doesn't have anything to do you as a freelancer.

In a sense it does, because it seems some clients are considering leaving the platform due to these changes. For a freelancer in an ongoing relationship with a client who hasn't yet reached the two year mark, the client leaving the platform means the freelancer loses a good client. So, it may be in the freelancer's best interests to be able to discuss these changes intelligently if the client is upset by them.

Preston H wrote:

1) There is a plan that costs $49.99 that has ADDITIONAL reporting.

2) But, really, this doesn't have anything to do you as a freelancer.

1) To get what they had before clients now have to pay $ 49.99 a month.  It is not as if they get anything  "additional” for that. So please don't try to spin it as "additional" - we know you think people are as dumb as ditchwater, but nobody is dumb enough to swallow something THAT plump and disingenuous.

2) How does it not have anything to do with the freelancer? I am already losing 2 clients and with one more I have to wait until the 2 years are up in winter.

What is even worse is that originally clients were told existing clients world keep what they have, (being "grandfathered in."

All those freelancers whining about being charged for connects are missing the point. What is really going to kill their business are those insane client charges. 

Petra R wrote:

What is really gong to kill their business are those insane client charges. 

Agree, and, in addition to the charges, it's worth noting that the options are structured around monthly charges, clearly directed toward clients with ongoing needs who will hire many freelancers and completely ignoring (or hoping to drive away?) those who come looking for the occasional specifically-skilled freelancer.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members