Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 Secrets to My Upwork Success

This widget could not be displayed.
11 of 17
This widget could not be displayed.

@Charles C wrote:

Well Margarete I'm not sure if all of that was directed at me or you're simply letting out some frustration, but I certainly am not claiming to be making 5k-20k a month. You can see the stats on my profile, it's public...I'm unable to view yours. I do classify receiving all positive reviews, regularly being invited to private job postings, and continuously raising my rates over the past year as successful. Especially when starting from ground zero. The ideas listed in my article are what I attributed to that.

My profile is visible for registrated Upwork users but not here in the community because this is a public area. And yes, I was annoyed because you tried to promote your blog. The rest of my comments have not been addressed to you.

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
12 of 17

The good thing is: on those forums, Upwork systematically deletes the links to their blogs from their posts. Which is a good thing. Otherwise, the forum would have been flooded by all the get rich fast, buy my c**p coaches.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
13 of 17

@Rene K wrote:

The good thing is: on those forums, Upwork systematically deletes the links to their blogs from their posts. Which is a good thing. Otherwise, the forum would have been flooded by all the get rich fast, buy my c**p coaches.

Do they really?

I posted a link to a blog post some weeks back, and I still occasionally see a visitor from Upwork arrive there.

Perhaps it depends on the nature of the site? I don't offer any services or sell anything through my blog, nor any other site it's connected to.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
14 of 17

Rene, Tiffany and Margarete,

We will and have removed links that contain contact information, advertise a product or service or are inappropriate for this Community.

~ Valeria
Upwork
ahammed_farid
Community Guru
Farid Ahammed B Member Since: May 30, 2016
15 of 17

Thank you so much for sharing your upwork successful story, It will be helpful who are desperately looking for job in the upwork.

michael-remus
Community Leader
Michael R Member Since: May 18, 2015
16 of 17

@Charles C wrote:

This started it all. I would like to stay on topic and discuss the points in my original post. If they've worked for others or not... 

To stay on topic, I think the 5 points are certainly helpfull for new upworkers or those with less success. For myself I have just 3 essential points.

1. Never apply for a job that doesn't match your expertise

2. Don't sell yourself, sell solutions

3. Respect each client

Overall I'm satisfied in the longrun.

August 2015

stats_august_2015

September 2016

stats_september_2016.png

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
17 of 17

Hi all,

A few posts and replies to them have been removed from this thread because they were off topic.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS