🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » 5 connects left & still no sign of work!
Page options
c5b27436
Community Member

5 connects left & still no sign of work!

I've recently joined Upwork as a freelance writer. I'm left with only 5 connects and there isn't any single job in progress. A client approached and shared a link for his Telegram account and told me to reach him out on Telegram. I mentioned the policy and requested to proceed further only via Upwork but he disappeared on me.. What should one do in such situation when you have only few connects left and there is still no sign of work?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ri3dviz
Community Member

Your Bio says "I have done my Bachelors in Electrical Engineering & a Diploma in Interior Design." But your services offered on Upwork are different than your education. Also you have listed a whole bunch of skills unrelated to your education. You're going to have a hard time getting work that way. Focus on what your education says you can do and don't try and be a one stop shop for every service under the sun.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
bobafett999
Community Member

Well there are only two choices: 1. you can wait for the next batch of free connects or 2. buy them.

You made a wise choice not engaging with them on telegram. You would have been cheated. Guaranteed!!

How do I buy connect

spectralua
Community Member

Buy connects for money or wait a month for 10 free connects.

ri3dviz
Community Member

If you're new to the site you may have to work below your desired wage to build up your client feedback and success rating. Then it'll be easier for you to land jobs.

ri3dviz
Community Member

Your Bio says "I have done my Bachelors in Electrical Engineering & a Diploma in Interior Design." But your services offered on Upwork are different than your education. Also you have listed a whole bunch of skills unrelated to your education. You're going to have a hard time getting work that way. Focus on what your education says you can do and don't try and be a one stop shop for every service under the sun.

Robert I wrote:

I agree with this. People in general, but freelancers in particular, SHOULD go for one "thing", be best in one niche.

Replying to your post just to point out that sometimes Education segment of UpWork can be different. My education was in something different than my vocation is. I don't mind that, UpWorks doesn't, my clients don't.
Reacting ONLY to that part of your message (out of context, yes).

Of course, freelancers should/need to focus on one skill. Otherwise they shouldn't expect positive results.

Your advice is valid (and valuable) for OP.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members