🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » $5 paid to freelancers for a job and a highly...
Page options
arunkumar60
Community Member

$5 paid to freelancers for a job and a highly detailed feedback! Anybody else noticing this?

Of late I have seen several job posts wherein the job poster hires multiple freelancers for the same job , is very happy with the freelancers performance, the job ticket size is $5 and the client has a history of working with multiple freelancers, but all are $5 projects.

Some things which seem odd are :-

1) For a $5 job, the client writes a detailed feedback of 3-4 lines, is extremely happy with the freelancer but doesnt rehire 90% of the times the same freelancer even though the client has same jobs available and is hiring new freelancers everytime and is also happy with all these new freelancers! This seems to be a never ending cycle.

I saw a few job posts, saw the hiring history and this is how I saw this. Wondering what is this!

5 REPLIES 5
tlsanders
Community Member

There are bajillions of jobs here with low budgets and a guarantee of 5 star feedback in the posting. No idea why they are not removed for feedback manipulation, but it's been going on as long as I can remember. 

bobafett999
Community Member

There should be some minimum amount for feedbacks

ashrafkhan81
Community Member

In such cases if you check the client history you will find numerous such projects, it almost seems like they are running some syndicate where new freelancers get awarded the job with stellar feedback...and such clients have many jobs with similar projects and feedback. 

And almost every such profile I came across was from Pakistan! 

When getting on Upwork was difficult, syndicates used to guarantee a slot for x amount.  Now they have evolved into giving feedbacks for a fee.

arunkumar60
Community Member

Well Oiled Syndicate may be! Is Upwork thinking in the same direction? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths