🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: 5% service fee over $10.000?
Page options
g_holstein
Community Member

5% service fee over $10.000?

Hi everybody,

I remember from some time ago that it was announced that the sevice fee would go down to 5% over $10.000 income from one client. Has this been changed? I remember getting notified when the fee dropped to 10%. Is there no notification when it drops to 5%? 
I am a few hundred over 10.000 now, and as of now didn´t notice any changes.  

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Gerald H wrote:

Hi everybody,

I remember from some time ago that it was announced that the sevice fee would go down to 5% over $10.000 income from one client. Has this been changed? I remember getting notified when the fee dropped to 10%. Is there no notification when it drops to 5%? 

Just check your billings by client and you will see it there in the reduced fee.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

The change is automatic.

Freelancers don't necessarily receive notification.

Preston is correct. I have not received notifications of this for quite some time. Don't get the total overall revenue tier notifications when surpassed either.  However, if you check you will see that the correct percentage is taken for the portion above $10k.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Gerald H wrote:

Hi everybody,

Just check your billings by client and you will see it there in the reduced fee.

tlsanders
Community Member

I usually get an email about the change a few weeks after it actually happens.

Narly $5k over the magic 10k mark and no notification of drop to 5% ... but it did take place as soon as it was applicable.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths