Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 star account suspended without explanation

un04

Hello!

Here's link to my account:

https://www.odesk.com/users/~01b2bb169d7d9f1587

As you can see, it has 5 star feedback with pretty good comments from one of oDesk silver partners, some passed tests and over 500 hours of logged work, but I was suspended more than month ago. In e-mail I was notified that this was made to improve the quality of oDesk community, but this does not make any sense because I have only the best marks.

During a month I was trying to figure out what happened, but trust & safety team answered me like I don't even have a right to bother them. Lately they just close the tickets without any answer. Please look at attached screenshots.

I would like to ask the community what should I do in this case. I am completely discouraged by this situation and will appreciate any help...

35 REPLIES 35

Once again we have to turn to forums to solve problems which a support ticket should have fixed. Lets hope the problem gets resolved not only by account re-activation, but an actual explanation 'apparent' of the original breach.

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
abhishek_parmar

If odesk measures you're quality of work and knowledge is not good. then what about odesk test. You passed both the java Test v3 and Android programming test with top 10 % and top 30 % results.

It proves that odesk tests is of no use. 

I saw mamy of the contractors with 5 star rating account is suspended. And reason is there is some other factor that measures client satifaction rate. Which is totally of no use.

Please see the link for check....mistake is measures of client satifaction rate.

http://community.odesk.com/t5/Freelancers/Un-acceptable-factors-for-calculation-of-client-satisfacti...

firfi
Ace Contributor
How is it going?
un04

Hello,

Looks like my problem is solved, because I don't see notification about suspension anymore. Didn't get response from oDesk support and was blocked at oDesk fb page (was trying to ask for some help there) though.

Anyways, thanks for support and help everyone and happy working!

Kudos to Artyom for taking the time to return and share good news with us.

Yes it is good to know the problem was resolved, even though no light has been shed on the original problem.

All the best Artyom.
firfi
Ace Contributor

FYI topic starter found and contacted me personally, saying he was unbanned [without explanation] and then banned again [without explanation] on oDesk and on forums both.

So looks strange so far, as a sequence looks like that: banned -> unbanned after this topic -> after this topic sink down, silently banned again.

I can't answer for honesty of this person as doesn't know him personally, but I hope some explanation from oDesk could shed a light on this matter.

ksubhani
Ace Contributor

I along with other contractors would love to hear  an update from Odesk representative about the orignal problem, plus if this new development is based on truth, I am going to bid farewell to this platform.  

@Igor L wrote:

FYI topic starter found and contacted me personally, saying he was unbanned [without explanation] and then banned again [without explanation] on oDesk and on forums both.

So looks strange so far, as a sequence looks like that: banned -> unbanned after this topic -> after this topic sink down, silently banned again.

I can't answer for honesty of this person as doesn't know him personally, but I hope some explanation from oDesk could shed a light on this matter.

Hi Igor and Kamal,

I understand your concern with the status of Artyom's account. However, we are not able to share private details about any user's account here in the Community. All the details were provided to Artyom through his ticket.

~ Valeria
Upwork
That's a pity. Since we are even more in the dark about what to do to not get suspended. I expected as much though.
firfi
Ace Contributor

Author wrote me again recently, sending screenshots of conversations with support staff, where staff doesn't really explain anything, limiting answers to formularic statements without any useful information.

He asked me to publish it here, but I think it wouldn't the best idea as community rules prohibits private conversation posting here. However, he's indicated that not against to posting his screenshots, so if in this case conversation considered non-private let me know and I'll add it.

@ Igor,

Its good to see you are as eager about this situation as I am, but I doubt anymore clarity will be shed on oDesk's part.

You will violate guideline #5 - Posting email content, chat transcripts or other private communication.
http://community.odesk.com/t5/Announcements/oDesk-Community-Guidelines/m-p/3

Even so they would remove the post under the 'we reserve the right' disclaimer. So none of this can go public with word for word details.

Setu, I like you. You explain the T&C and even cite the ones you're talking about specifically. Upwork should hire you, because you would probably be an effective customer service rep. I'm being genuine.

cmon upwork, right now the ball is in your side of the court. Why have you unbanned and rebanned ?

Catalin,

I'm confused by your comment, upon checking your account I do not see any suspensions. Are you having issues with your account?

-Lena

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS