Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 star account suspended without explanation

setumonroe
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
11 of 36

You are probably correct John re policy matters and hiding behind privacy.

We all need to remember that there should be an obligation to the freelancer by oDesk. Especially to freelancers who are making the community viable for business and as a workplace. Never forget that oDesk operates as a business built on the hard work of freelancers, therefore we ARE indispensable and should be treated as such.

Let good work speak for itself.

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
whogg72
Community Guru
William H Member Since: Dec 2, 2013
12 of 36

I say we form a union and go on strike Cat LOL

setumonroe
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
13 of 36

I'm first in line William!

I hope the OP will get some solutions from the Powers That Be.

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
mario-chirinos
Community Guru
Mario C Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
14 of 36

what can we do?

a_maslakov
Ace Contributor
Alex M Member Since: Dec 16, 2014
15 of 36

Those russian freelancers who are familiar with fl.ru know that fl.ru has learned the lesson by loosing most of their freelancers and thus clients after they, fl.ru, brought some innovative ideas to their service. 

Other freelance websites should say thank you to Odesk. 

firfi
Ace Contributor
Igor L Member Since: Dec 23, 2014
16 of 36

I'm immensely concerned about situation described here by topic starter. Reason is our oDesk accounts, though being really `owned` by oDesk Company, still being an outcome of huge time and personal energy investment and for many of us [freelancers] represent a big part of internet `portfolio`, also, the financial well-being of many of us severily depends on these accounts and on oDesk service.

Being amongst the top oDesk contractors I can't just walk by this posting by reasons described above.

I'm highly interested to see an explanation given by oDesk Company representative, otherwise my trust in company will fall furthermore (it already did in some degree due couple of company-initiated issues, one of which is resolved and one is still not, though it is the matter of another topic). 

oDesk service was and still is a great chance for me personally and for many freelancers to find a great job and raise professionally, and I want things to stay how it is. 

Please don't kill your service with such things, and if topic starter person account suspend was reasonable, provide us [or at least him] the reason.

mhuluta
Mihai H Member Since: Feb 20, 2015
17 of 36

I do not get the point. Why would oDesk behave like this? Close the accout without any reason... From my point of view this is not acceptable. What's the big deal in saying why the account was suspended. Did you had a conflict with one of  your clients? Maybe one of your clients filed a complaint against you or something...

un04
Artyom P Member Since: Nov 18, 2014
18 of 36

As you can see, I have had only one client so far. He was highly satisfied with my work. The latest feedback proves this. I don't think it is possible that he complained about me and gave me 5 stars, it makes no sense.

There was a situation when he gave 3 stars at first, but then we worked on existing problems of the project and fixed them. After this my client changed feedback to more appropriate from his point of view. Maybe this has some relation to my situation. Probably, some automated system notified trust and safety department about this and now it resulted in suspension.

I believe that members of trust & safety team should work to prevent situations like this. But I got no response related to my questions, only some typical copy and paste answers. Now they just close my tickets without response.

sivavranagaro
Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
19 of 36

Can mods comment here, please?

Valeria, Garnor, Lillian?

Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
20 of 36

Hi Artem,

Sorry about your account suspension. I will check with the Team about your case and we will have your account reviewed once again.

Also, note that I removed attachements from your original post as they contained private communication.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS