Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60 Connects. A joke.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Ray C Member Since: Apr 10, 2009
1 of 23

I finally used up my 60 connects in one month. I admit I squandered a few to protest slave wages proposed by some job posts. Even so, I'd like to see Upwork "come clean" and offer 30 connects per month and charge 1 connect per bid. I have yet to see a job cost less than 2 connects and it's time to stop the sherades.

Also, how about showing the "Connects Available" in RED when they fall below 4? The tiny green number is pretty obscure.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Abdul R Member Since: Dec 4, 2014
2 of 23

How many jobs did you get out of 60 connects?

This is the bottom-line that everybody eagers to know. 

Colors does not matter. 

Response rate is core issue.

Is it not?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
3 of 23

My success rate varies. If I do not surcome to the temptation to "complain" to rediculous job posts, I do much better. Smiley Happy

Color coding the "Connects remaining" number would just be a helpful warning that I should use my Connects more stratigically. Lesson learned this month.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Ivan S Member Since: Oct 24, 2015
4 of 23

Wow, you actually managed to do that! I hardly ever use even half of my connects and now I even stopped bidding as I am fully loaded with work till probably next connect replenishment cycle, though I have to say that still more than 50% of e-platform jobs I get from Elance rather than from Upwork. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
5 of 23

Congratulations, Ivan.

I have sometimes gone weeks without bidding. This is a slow week in the US (Thanksgiving) and some of my clients are not responding with their usuall promptness. Thus, my bidding has been more prolific. This is the first month I have hit my limit.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
6 of 23

I have 200 connects and suspect I will blow threw a few more this coming December than usual. Rollover 4evah.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
7 of 23

Jennifer, I take it you are happy to pay the $10 fee each month?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
8 of 23

@Ray C wrote:

I don't pay any fee. It's worked into my pricing as well as the fact that I may need to purchase extra. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
9 of 23

Jean,

Are we playing semantics here? Upwork Plus costs $10.00 monthly. I understand if you mean your clients pay the fee. Someone pays the fee.

The question I ask myself is, since I've only run out of "connects" once so far, why should I sign up for something that automatically costs $10.00 monthly? The fee is paid by someone.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
10 of 23

@Ray C wrote:

Yes, I do. Since I've been with Elance and now Upwork, I've had amazing months and then months where I struggle. One month, I blew threw 120 connects. Others, I used maybe 5, so I pay for rollover in case of those difficult months. The invites aren't as good as they were on Elance, so I suspect I will need more connects during even normal months. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS