Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60 Connects limit is misleading

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Ray C Member Since: Apr 10, 2009
1 of 174

My first experience with the "Connects" concept is disappointing. I find most, if not ALL, of the jobs I want to bid on require "2" Connects. That means I am limited to 1 bid per day. This is, of course, an unrealistic limitation designed to encourage a paid membership.

It is especially frustrating when "bidding" is often a case of asking question of the prospective client. Without a complete description I am often unsure whether the job is a good fit. When I am force to "spend" Connects (2 at a time) just to get my questions answered there is something wrong with the concept.

oDesk, go back to the drawing board on this one.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Andy G Member Since: Apr 2, 2015
Highlighted
Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
3 of 174

@Ray C wrote:

oDesk, go back to the drawing board on this one.

Nothing will get them change their minds about this. They have this system on Elance for years and now implemented it here.

John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
4 of 174

Vesna, as you know, the irony is that oDesk without the system was probably more lucrative than Elance.

Santana W Member Since: Apr 9, 2015
5 of 174

John K I always found it so much easier to use Elance than oDesk and now implementing this connects platform on oDesk is so disappointing. And even now I still use oDesk more than Elance.

I really hope they reconsider and remove the connects bit!

Highlighted
Analiza F Member Since: Apr 21, 2015
6 of 174

Yes, I agree.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
MG Arfath A Member Since: Jul 17, 2010
7 of 174

Vesna,

I  dont think so! oDesk will not dump the opinion given by hundreds of freelancers on this connects system, I'm sure and hopeful that they will revert back WITH some major changes.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
8 of 174

"I  dont think so! oDesk will not dump the opinion given by hundreds of freelancers on this connects system, "

Yes they will

"I'm sure and hopeful that they will revert back WITH some major changes"

That's not how they work.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
MG Arfath A Member Since: Jul 17, 2010
9 of 174

Stephen,

They withdrew the "Good Fit" feature after introducing it because the freelance communnity gave negative feedback about it, now for this connects system there are hundreds of freelancers who are expressing thier displeasure on forums. I think oDesk will look into this.

Fingers crossed !!!

Regards

Arfath

Highlighted
Maria G Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
10 of 174

@MG Arfath A wrote:

Stephen,

They withdrew the "Good Fit" feature after introducing it because the freelance communnity gave negative feedback about it, now for this connects system there are hundreds of freelancers who are expressing thier displeasure on forums. I think oDesk will look into this.

Fingers crossed !!!

Regards

Arfath

The "Good Fit" feature is still being implemented.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS