Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60 Connects limit is misleading

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
171 of 174

@Niclas E wrote:
If Upwork "doesn't want" $20 jobs they should set a minimum limit. I don't think this is the case, through. I think they make a lot of money from smaller jobs as well. Someone must know what percentage of Upwork's earnings that comes from jobs worth less than $50.

If I recall correctly, it's about 1/3 of revenues. But, that's a meaningless number because it's gross revenue. If a $20 job pays Upwork $4 and costs $5 to service, then there's a net loss associated with every one of those jobs. So, 50 $20 jobs pay Upwork $200 but cost $250 (net loss of $50), while one $1,000 job pays Upwork $150 and costs $5 (net gain of $145).

Of course, I don't know exactly what it costs to service a job, but even 15 minutes of engagement from a live human on a job that pays Upwork $4 would almost certainly result in a net loss.

Highlighted
Jobtu W Member Since: Jun 14, 2018
172 of 174

is there a job that does not need a connect

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
173 of 174

Hi Jobtu,

Unfortunately no, each job requires connects in order to be able to bid on the job. Thank you!

Untitled
Highlighted
Dondee B Member Since: Jun 24, 2020
174 of 174

I agree with you. This week I ended up buying connects for 3TIMES!!! This is too much! Knowing the Odesk/upwork fees are automated.
Is there a way to fix this hoarding...Atleast charge us the connect when hired.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS