Highlighted
Roselin N Member Since: Apr 23, 2015
11 of 174

I hate this idea of connects...

Highlighted
Sonia C Member Since: May 4, 2015
12 of 174

Hi,

I am admin of  **edited for Community Guidelines** I am new on odesk, i joned odesk before 3 month and In feb 2015 I busy into my website finally I decide to work full time on odesk , and I applied on many job into Marc and finally I got my fist job an I successfully done and get good responce by client by finally in aprail 60 connect system is launchig.. Whole Month Iapply per day one job and my coplete connect is finish. but I didn't got any job collaboration mail..

Either any client not declined my Job, By which I can reshedule my any job..

Finally Now I want to say Odesk is fully time west platform.. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Nassoro C Member Since: Nov 11, 2014
13 of 174

They lost nothing after withdrawing Good Fit Feature but for the case of Connects, there's a business done on this, so withdrawing this feauture, means withdrawing the income they've started to earn by charging $1/Job.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Misty K Member Since: Feb 5, 2012
14 of 174

WRONG.  They did not get rid of the "Good Fit" feature, I don't know where you're getting that one.  Just applied to a position today and it clearly listed "Good Fit."  Please check your remarks for accountability before making them. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
15 of 174

@Misty K wrote:

WRONG.  They did not get rid of the "Good Fit" feature, I don't know where you're getting that one.  Just applied to a position today and it clearly listed "Good Fit."  Please check your remarks for accountability before making them. 

Actually, they did get rid of it but for some reason its made a comeback. Garnor said it was a bug and we shouldn't be seeing it anymore but it still pops up now and then.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
16 of 174

Hi Ray C,

As outlined in our Help documentation and mentioned in our Blog post when Connects were announced, most jobs will require 2 Connects. We're exploring ways to make this even more prominent to avoid any confusion.

Highlighted
Devin D Member Since: Nov 13, 2014
17 of 174

You say "most" which means not all, but can you show me even one job that is anything but 2 connects to apply.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Ray C Member Since: Apr 10, 2009
18 of 174

Garnor,

Then why not just make "connects" more "valuable" and end the misleading large number? Just give 30 Connects and stop the deception.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
19 of 174

Hi Ray,

As mentioned in our documentation, at some point you may see jobs requiring anywhere from 1 to 5 Connects, thus reducing everyone to 30 Connects would make it harder to budget for this scenario. Additionally, in reviewing application activity before this change, we found most high quality freelancers submitted fewer than 30 applications per month, again reinforcing the decision around 60 Connects for the Basic membership.

Highlighted
Raman G Member Since: Aug 22, 2012
20 of 174

Hello ,

Its not true every job require 2 connect and even $5 job require two connect

Raman

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS