cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60 Connects limit is misleading

Highlighted
Virtual C Member Since: Feb 4, 2016
21 of 174

yes as per this connects system the 60 connect given are very less and also buying connects for $2 for each project is very expensive, there should be some easy way for freelancer like if the client has not awarded the project within 7 or 10 or 15 days what deadline he / she choose then the connects should be refunded to freelancer.

This will help both freelancer and upwork to bid more and earn more, because there may arise situation where user can leave upwork due to costly connects system however if they get the connects refunded then they will bid more and the commision charges which is 20% of the project amount gone to upwork will more.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Steven E. L Member Since: May 5, 2015
22 of 174

It appears Easter has come again. This thread is 15 months old.

Auto-lock FTW.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
23 of 174

@Virtual C wrote:

This will help both freelancer and upwork to bid more and earn more, because there may arise situation where user can leave upwork due to costly connects system however if they get the connects refunded then they will bid more and the commision charges which is 20% of the project amount gone to upwork will more.

"Virtual," the very last thing Upwork wants is for freelancers to bid more. The main reason for connects is to force the freelancer to be more discerning and not run around bidding on every job and driving good clients off the platform.

On a side note, TOS requires that you use your real name. 

Highlighted
FreelanceOffices R Member Since: Apr 22, 2015
24 of 174

Yesterday I paid 10 usd for 70 connects, I only receied 48 connects.

Already waiting one day for a reaction from Odesk.

I'm also working on Elance. The customers are more protected than the freelancers.

I did a big translation for an Indian company, but they never paid.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Rebecka W Member Since: Apr 22, 2015
25 of 174

I don't mind the jobs requiring 2 connects. However, there should be an option to allow a Freelancer to ask the potential client a question, without using up a connect. 

Highlighted
Dhirendra Ku. S Member Since: Nov 17, 2014
26 of 174

Yes i am completely agree with this concept.oDesk indirectly approaching to take membership plan.Now its full business plan.Former it was excellent application quata 25/week.Now we got only 30 appliation per month.Hopefully its very bad for us.

oDesk please remove this conecpt and replae the quata again.

Thanks,

Dhiren

Dhiren
Highlighted
Sukhdeep S Member Since: Apr 3, 2015
27 of 174

I think 100% jobs need 2 connects on odesk, if you see on elance they depend on budget, if the budget is around $500 then then that job require 2 connects but on odesk if you try to apply for $5 budget job it need 2 connects. Wrong system 60 connects are just formality they are giving only 30 per month.

Highlighted
Virtual C Member Since: Feb 4, 2016
28 of 174

I agreed with your words...you are right 

Highlighted
Robert O Member Since: Apr 4, 2015
29 of 174

I certainly think the system can be tweaked, but as a new oDesk user I've seen a benefit since the introduction of Connects. 

Last week, nearly every job I considered applying for was spammed by dozens of contractors at $3.00 per hour.  Now with Connects contractors must be more discerning about which jobs to apply for. So, hopefully, my serious application will now stand out more instead of being lost in the crowd.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
30 of 174

Hi Robert,

Thank you for sharing your observations with us. It was precisely our intention when implementing the new system - to make sure freelancers are more selective when applying for jobs which will result in fewer, better quality applications.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS