Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60 Connects limit is misleading

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
41 of 174

Hi Bankesh,

While initially most jobs will require 2 connects to apply for, going forward applications will require anywhere from 1 to 5 connects, depending on factors such as the size and type of job. Additionally, if you are invited to apply for a job, you will not need to use connects to apply.

Before we settled on this monthly allotment of connects, we carefully analyzed freelancers' application behavior and found that the majority of freelancers submit less than 30 applications per month. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Ray C Member Since: Apr 10, 2009
42 of 174

Valeria,

Since you mentioned "Invitations" are you seeing a dramatic increase the abuse of "invitations to interview" requests since the recent changes? I have. I hope oDesk will be able to resolve it.

Highlighted
Bankesh T Member Since: Apr 6, 2015
43 of 174

For over all new connect system I've already explained its totally harassment for the freelancers those are working ODesk!

Now I've used all 30 connects (where I seen each job taking 2 connects so its 30 connects not 60 connects) so I've few questions from ODesk!

1. Now I can't work on ODesk for next 22 Days becuase I've not left any connect behind?
  2. Now I can't apply for jobs on ODesk for next 22 Days?
  3. Now I've to wait till the month end?
  4. After new connect system Freelancers only can work on ODesk for 1 week (30 connects mean 1 week) where in old system there was 25 per week now in new connect system 1 connect per day that mean 5 per week?
  5. What ODesk want here by launching new connect system freelancers can work on ODesk for 1 week (7 days out of 30 days) only?
  6. As per new conect system freelancers can buy 5 more connects not 10 by paying $10! what that mean if freelancers applaying for 10 job per day then that mean freelancers have to pay $50 per day to ODesk with any earning?

In this way new connect system will forced the freelancrs to go for alternative platforms!

So my request from ODesk Please get back old system and take out  new connect system!

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
44 of 174

Hi Bankesh,

With the new system we expect freelancers to be more selective about the jobs they apply to  and at the same time put more effort into their applications to make sure their skills, work history and cover letters meet client's requirements. If you carefully apply to jobs wihin your skillset with customized and well-written cover letter, you will find that you need to submit fewer applications to win a job in the future.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
45 of 174

You mean A Top Rated and qualified Freelancers Not carefully applied for jobs?

I'm not agree with your reply!

After using new connect system a Freelancers working on ODesk from last 10 Years and TOP Rated Freelancers decided to chose alternative platform do you've any answer regarding that?

Where ODesk playing with Freelancers who have spended number of years on ODesk to managed their portfolio & excellent feedback history record!

Highlighted
46 of 174

Now according to new connects system  I think to clear the SKILL TEST ON ODESK is not important on ODesk!

Highlighted
Nhung Thi D Member Since: Mar 11, 2015
47 of 174

Hi, 

I can see everyone's point here. But from my point of view, I support this new system. 

I have spent only 10 connects this April, and I got hired with 3 jobs. I only applied to jobs that I thought I could fulfill. (The winning point that I believe here is YOUR APPLICATION). Believe me or not. I had the feeling that I would get hired by writing my applications.

And I agree with all the things you said.

Regards,

Thi

Highlighted
Raman G Member Since: Aug 22, 2012
48 of 174

Hello,

I have used all connect for month for all bids ani client dont hire any person for 20 to 25 days its a waste of connect

Raman

Highlighted
Md. Mahbub Reza S Member Since: Apr 26, 2015
49 of 174

It is freelancer wish where to bid and when to bid if i have huge task, generally i will not bid for new job. 

But if i need a job then i must pay odesk for application where most of the clients don't hire. 

odesk new connect system is so bad for me and I think I will not find any new job from odesk for the upcoming months. 

So i think i have to try different platform to work and earn. 

Highlighted
Virtual C Member Since: Feb 4, 2016
50 of 174

Hi Valeria,

The system of bidding on the project and spending 2 connects on every project is really frustating because there is no system that connects should get refund , also to avoid spam I think there should be limitation that for a particular project , client can get 30-40 or 50 proposals with relevant category because few of the projects which are posted are spam or fake and they dont need the project to be done or else they only need to know the quotation.

So there should be some solution given for the ease of freelancers and also the connects which we get in the subscription are very less.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS