🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » 7 Steps to get your first job on Upwork.
Page options
1008b356
Community Member

7 Steps to get your first job on Upwork.

Hello Everyone,

Upwork is a ocean of compititors and it's quite tough to get first job. I have explore that there are some way through which one can easily gets thier first job.

1. Make your profile fill of unique skills.

2. Always go parallel with modern concept and requirements.

3. While submitting the proposal, make it more to the exact point and also repeat the job post with solution a little, that the client gets idea that you can do the task.

4. Always go with the client consideration and requirements.

5. Make sure to attach those files only which is related to the client's posted job.

6. Do not make the proposal to much lengthy, it could be skipped by the client to read.

7. Give the client an unique way to the solution.

I hope it will be helpful for you in the future.

Thanks

Muhammad Zafar

1 REPLY 1
5ceef239
Community Member

• Also, look at the number of submissions: If there are 15+ submissions, especially on a featured gig, you're wasting 6 credits if you have no work history. Think of all those Top Rated profiles already ahead of you.

• You need to also work for a lower than usual fee to get noticed. The client will notice this in your interview and ask why so low, negotiate a testimonial/ positive review SHOULD everything work out correctly. If it doesn't then brace for negative sentiment.

• Video of yourself explaining things. This will show client you have a command and presence with your expertise and you know what you are talking about.

These steps alone got me a Rising Star. Again this is NO WORK HISTORY. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members