🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: 8 jobs and still no JSS? Normal or...
Page options
emma305319
Community Member

8 jobs and still no JSS? Normal or...

Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone can help me, I have 8 completed jobs, and 2/3 currently in progress, but still no JSS. I've seen freelancers with 5 jobs and a JSS, so I'm a little confused as to why I don't have one. Could this be due to lack of feedback? Several of my clients have continued to issue me work by updating milestones as opposed to closing the contract and leaving feedback, is this having a detrimental impact?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Emma G wrote:

Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone can help me, I have 8 completed jobs, and 2/3 currently in progress, but still no JSS. I've seen freelancers with 5 jobs and a JSS, so I'm a little confused as to why I don't have one. Could this be due to lack of feedback? Several of my clients have continued to issue me work by updating milestones as opposed to closing the contract and leaving feedback, is this having a detrimental impact?

Thanks!

Well, a JSS requires jobs that have feedback, otherwise no rating is possible. You could ask one or two of your clients (not recurring ones) to end the contract and open a new one instead of just adding milestones. Not sure if anybody is going to chide me for feedback manipulation when I suggest that.... 

yitwail
Community Member

Emma, it's hard to tell by just looking at your overview, but it appears many of the jobs you did were for the same client, and JSS has to be based on feedback from at least 3 different clients. Also, since only jobs from the last 2 years count toward JSS, the 2 jobs you completed in 2016 do not count.

How come I have successfully had 6 projects in January and then 5 projects on Feb, and only got +1 in my JSS score and when I close 1 successful contract my JSS got 3x negative when the client didn't end the contract...and the other one was solved disputed (does that even count?). Seriously!

petra_r
Community Member

Marie U wrote:

How come I have successfully had 6 projects in January and then 5 projects on Feb, and only got +1 in my JSS score and when I close 1 successful contract my JSS got 3x negative when the client didn't end the contract...and the other one was solved disputed (does that even count?).

That is the nature of percentages, and you don't know what the private feedback of those contracts was anyway.

Unfortunately, the mathmatical nature of percentages is such that they go down more drastically than they go up (above 50%, anyway)

If you think in terms of apples:

You have a basket with 9 green apples. The percentage of your apples that are green is 100%

You get a red apple. So now you have ten apples, and the percentage of your apples that are green is 90%

Now, even if you grab another 10 green apples, the percentage of your apples that are green only rises to 95%.

And yes, feedback from disputed contracts counts (In my opinion it should not, or at least not the feedback from the losing party)

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths