Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 80% Job Success Rate is bull**bleep**

kriszti67
Ace Contributor
Krisztina M Member Since: Jul 8, 2015
1 of 8

How does a consistently high rating 4.9 or above usually, and 75+ JOBS COMPLETED (I've been with Elance since 2009)  translate into an 80% Job Success Rate on Upwork?  (are you docking me for the two times I got a 4.3 over the past six years?)

Are you trying to make me NOT get hired?

I both hire and work on Elance. I am taking my hiring business to another platform unless you stop this nonsense. As has been suggested: put the Upwork logo on Elance already and keep it as it is!

**edited for Community Guidelines** 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 8

What exactly are you saving elance from? I think it's time to accept the inevitable. 

You have 2 open jobs from 2013. I would close those. 

Most of your work is from 2013 and prior to that, so it's not counting. You have a good amount of work from 2014+ but there is one cancellation and another guy who kinda seems like he was so-so with your work. I'd close the 2 open jobs and see what happens from there. 

garnorm
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
3 of 8

Thanks for offering the advice Jennifer.

Krisztina, as noted by Jennifer, the Job Success measurement is only taking into account activity over the past two years. So yes, while you may have a long history of completed projects prior to that, we're only considering what's been completed over the past couple. 

kriszti67
Ace Contributor
4 of 8

1600 Freelancers have signed the petition. Have you read the comments? Clearly, something is not working. 
And it's not just that people don't like change. 10% fee is pretty outrageous too.

kriszti67
Ace Contributor
5 of 8

Also, where are you seeing my job history?  Where are the two open jobs listed?  I would appreciate the help, as Upwork is showing that I have zero active jobs.

I have six active jobs on Elance right now, two as a Client, four as a Freelancer.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
6 of 8

I had the same problem too. I had 2 open jobs from Elance in 2012, and I didn't realize it until I looked at open jobs in my Upwork profile. You can go back to Elance and close them. You're probably looking at your client profile, because I can see from your profile here that you have 2 open jobs that started in 2013.

If you go to your freelancer profile, you should be able to see the job titles so you can find them in your Elance profile.

boshoffirene
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
7 of 8

I never pay the 10% fee.....simply because it is factored into my quote..

jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
8 of 8

@Irene B wrote:

I never pay the 10% fee.....simply because it is factored into my quote..

Ditto. I never pay a dime. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS