🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: 85% of client's projects and feedbacks ar...
Page options
cliversoft
Community Member

85% of client's projects and feedbacks are hidden.

I stumbled upon a client who has:

• $100k+ total spent

86 hires, 6 active

• 44.25 /hr avg hourly rate paid

3759 hours

At the same time he has only 54 projects in history. Neither the total sum of the projects (about 23,000) nor billed hours (about 600) are nearly close to the stated amounts. Thus, about of 85% of the client’s billed hours and invoices are not displayed!

In the history, the first projects are dated by the client’s registration year and all the years are presented so the history is not 'recent' only.

The obvious conlsuion follows: a huge part of the client's projects and feedbacks is hidden.

Either clients are able to hide 85% of their billed time or it is done by upwork, right? Both options are a complete scam.

For instance, this client has only good feedbacks in history while in my experience he is an uncommon problem maker which should be marked years ago. This diagnosis was proved when I looked (too late!) into the feedbacks of the developer who worked for him before me. Only there, in his comment to the client's feedback, I could see that his experience was exactly the same as mine. But in the history list on the job page I can only see: no feedbacks or good feedbacks. I had no idea that about 85% of the projects are hidden!

If client’s history can be moderated to this huge extent then contracting on upwork is worse than a lottery because with lottery you take a risk willingly while here you are scammed.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The statement that the history can show only 50 last projects is not correct because I can see 54 (I counted):

1.png

But your screenshot helped me to clarify the whole issue anyway. Under the history header there is the subheader 'Jobs in progress' which uppears to be a block hidden by default. When I clicked on it, I could see that the client has 5 open projects which together with the history make the total time/bills equal to the client's stats.
Those 5 projects are what I was looking for. So, thank you!

The issue is clarified: the client's current projects + the projects in the client's history are equal to the client's stats.
May be in the future the history will lose too old projects but it is not the case by now.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JoanneP

Hi Sergey,

I checked your account, and I can see that our team already assisted you via chat and explained this to you. If you need further assistance, please feel free to follow- up on your ticket: 31120963, and our team will gladly help you.  

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

Neither your reply nor the chat communication have not clarified the matter: how did it happen that 85% of client's billed money/time and feedbacks were removed from his history.

So, upwork seems to agree by its silence that yes, the client history can be moderated this hugely. Then it's a scam.

And if upwork wants to keep such a huge moderation in a secret then it makes the scam even worse.

I hope more freelancers will learn the fact of the modaration that turns the feedback history into a complete swindle.

Sergey S wrote:

Then it's a scam.

And if upwork wants to keep such a huge moderation in a secret then it makes the scam even worse.

What "scam"?

By design, only the last 50 closed contracts show on a client's history. This is the same for every client with over 50 completed contracts, and nobody is changing those proactively or hiding contracts, it's simply the last 50. 

50.png

Large clients also often have different teams, which are run as individual entities. Say they have one team for writers, one for developers, one for designers etc. Their job posts would show only their own contracts, whereas the overall client statistics are for the overall client accounts.

The statement that the history can show only 50 last projects is not correct because I can see 54 (I counted):

1.png

But your screenshot helped me to clarify the whole issue anyway. Under the history header there is the subheader 'Jobs in progress' which uppears to be a block hidden by default. When I clicked on it, I could see that the client has 5 open projects which together with the history make the total time/bills equal to the client's stats.
Those 5 projects are what I was looking for. So, thank you!

The issue is clarified: the client's current projects + the projects in the client's history are equal to the client's stats.
May be in the future the history will lose too old projects but it is not the case by now.

Sergey S wrote:

The statement that the history can show only 50 last projects is not correct because I can see 54 (I counted):.

It only shows the last up to 50 completed contracts, as I clearly stated, plus any ongoing ones in a different tab. 

So now you decided it isn't all a scam?

Petra R wrote:

It only shows the last up to 50 completed contracts, as I clearly stated, plus any ongoing ones in a different tab. 

Ah, I see: the amount includes the jobs in progress.

So now you decided it isn't all a scam?

Yes, I decided it isn't all a scam when I saw the jobs in progress. 

My confusion was reasoned and fed by:

- a problem client which has a long impeccable history (the problemness is confirmed by another developer);

- a very rare case that the client has 85% of his charges in the ongoing jobs and thus, 85% of his bills are not reflected in feedbacks;

- my query to upwork why the history lacks 85% of bills, was not answered properly;

Now it is clarified and it's time for me to learn.

Thank you.

Sergey, please help me to understand.

You have completed 60 jobs. You have accumulated well over 3000 hours working on hourly contracts. You have a 100 JSS. You have earned a substantial amount of money working through Upwork.

You appear to be an exceptional freelancer who has succeeded in using this platform.

And you are now concluding that Upwork is a scam?

Hi Preston,

Prehistory of the issue:

I asked the simple question: how did it happen that 85% of client's billed money/time and feedbacks were removed from his history?
and nobody could clarify that the lacking bills just pertain to the projects in progress which are hidden by default but can be seen by click on 'Jobs in progress'.
Moreover, the chat person told me: 'I have verified this information from our team and they informed that the contract history listed is the recent ones, so it's around 50% of the contracts and it's by design.' which is just not the case as the client's history streatches to the beginning.
That's why I decided that the feedbacks are scammed.

The issue is resolved: I did not see the jobs in progress which supplement the client's history making it equal to the client's stats. May be in the future the history will drop too old projects but it is not the case by now.

Thank you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths