cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9 Current ACADEMIC FRAUD Posting - Active, Despite Flagging

Community Guru
Mark K Member Since: Jul 7, 2016
1 of 41

I have flagged a number of Academic Fraud job postings in the past week - these jobs remain active -- i.e. UW is, apparently, allowing violation of their TOS:

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 41

Mark K wrote:

I have flagged a number of Academic Fraud job postings in the past week - these jobs remain active -- i.e. UW is, apparently, allowing violation of their TOS:

Just flagging isn't always enough, you need to supply pretty detailed explanations in easy to follow language that can be understood by someone who is not familiar with the concept.

In my experience, when proper explanations as to why and how something violates the terms of service are provided, things are (usually) addressed very quickly.

Also, just because you can still see a job (because you bookmarked it) does not mean it hasn't been pulled from general view.

In fact only the 2 from the last few hours are still visible. So action does appear to have been taken.

Community Guru
Renata S Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
3 of 41

One of them is quite obviously a violation and it's still there. In addition, the client has posted a second job which is very clearly a violation. I don't know how much more clearly you would have to explain it to Trust & Safety if they can't understand it. It includes an attachment with this as the first page:

Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 2.08.44 PM.png

Any questions?

Community Guru
4 of 41

"In fact only the 2 from the last few hours are still visible. So action does appear to have been taken."

You know, I'm sure, that action was taken AFTER I posted this message here on the discussion board -- and NOT after I flagged these jobs.  Please tell me that you know this Petra. 

Community Guru
5 of 41

Mark K wrote:

"In fact only the 2 from the last few hours are still visible. So action does appear to have been taken."

You know, I'm sure, that action was taken AFTER I posted this message here on the discussion board -- and NOT after I flagged these jobs.  Please tell me that you know this Petra. 

I went through them not long after you posted (while they were still showing on your post.)

You may want to dial down the conspiracy theories. The mods are not usually THAT quick and would have had them all taken down AND edited your post first...

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
6 of 41

The five I flagged yesterday are still there.  All for the same student.  Plus a  new one with the headline "Interesting job" which is clearly academic fraud and which I flagged as well.

Community Guru
7 of 41

The Earth is Flat Petra  -- :-)

Community Guru
8 of 41

Mark K wrote:

The Earth is Flat Petra  -- :-)

Seriously?

Shaun K Member Since: Nov 11, 2018
9 of 41
Can I request you to please mention in brief why are these fraud?

I am new at UW and would want to know how to identify fraud job listings
Community Guru
Renata S Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
10 of 41

Shaun K wrote:
Can I request you to please mention in brief why are these fraud?

I am new at UW and would want to know how to identify fraud job listings

Please see point #3 for a clarification of academic fraud:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/What-is-acceptable-what-isn-t/td-p/83723

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS