Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9 Current ACADEMIC FRAUD Posting - Active, Despite Flagging

Community Guru
Mark K Member Since: Jul 7, 2016
11 of 41

Shaun,

WHY?  Because in the US academic fraud is considered morally repugnant!  Why?  Because it IS!

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
12 of 41

Hi Mark, 

I checked all the job posts you noted, and I was only able to find two. Please know that we have a dedicated team that checks the reported job posts and confirms if they merit further actions or not.  There are also instances when actions are taken by the team, but you can still access the job post because you have the direct link.

If you can please send me the links to the jobs you have noted through a private message, I will go ahead and double check the job posts, and follow up with the team the jobs that haven't been reviewed yet. 

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
13 of 41

Job Title: **edited for Community Guidelines**

This slimeball has hired several freelancers to do this in the past --- cmon UW, clean it up!!!!!

Community Guru
14 of 41

Here's one:  Go get em UW ---- clean this mess up --- you're a public company now, afterall.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
15 of 41

Hi Mark, 

I've followed up on your report and asked the team to review the jobs you have noted. The team will take action against the job posts if found to be in violation of the Upwork Terms of Service. 

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
16 of 41

It looks like one client in Richmond played all semester - s/he has 3 or 4 academic assignments posted.  I flagged them all.  We'll see what happens...

Community Guru
17 of 41

Avery,

Just so you -- and your team - know, UW's reputation is declining as a result of this, and other, sorts of nefarious activity by the slimeballs that you allow to play here!

What's worse, is that several of these cheater clients have a history of fulfilled cheating jobs on this platform -- what that says about UW's inadequate oversight, tolerance for repugnant behaviors and apparent disinterest in honoring the moral values of the country where your corporate status resides - is telling!

I think you need to clean it up -- taking 20% of my earnings can certainly help in this endeavor.

Mark

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
18 of 41

Mark and others,

We definitely understand your frustration. Upwork has millions of registered users and thousands of projects are posted daily on our platform.  As such, despite the many tools we have in place to detect jobs with violations, some users find a way to circumvent our efforts. Still, we don't take this issue lightly and job posts are removed as soon as the team becomes aware of them and confirms a violation.

Flagging a job post and adding details in the provided box or submitting a support ticket is the best way to report a violation and notify our Marketplace Quality team directly and privately. We really appreciate user's flagging jobs with violations and helping us with improving the quality of the marketplace. 

I will also forward the concerns and observations shared on this thread to the team.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
19 of 41

blah blah blah blah........."we hear you"........blah blah blah..... "we understand your frustration".........blah blah blah ........... "we have tools" ........blah blah blah......... "we appreciate users flagging" ..........blah blah blah ........

Thank you UW for your hard work in doing nothing to stop cheaters post here!

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
20 of 41

Mark K wrote:

blah blah blah blah........."we hear you"........blah blah blah..... "we understand your frustration".........blah blah blah ........... "we have tools" ........blah blah blah......... "we appreciate users flagging" ..........blah blah blah ........

Thank you UW for your hard work in doing nothing to stop cheaters post here!

You need to get a grip! "Do nothing" isn't true and you know it, you are also letting out your foul temper on the wrong people (the mods) who you know can't fight back because they have to be polite regardless of how rude people are to them, which likely gives them ulcers eventually.

Of the long list you posted the other day of the jobs you oh so heroically flagged, the only ones that were still publicly findable were the two posted the same day you flagged them, one like an hour before you flagged it.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS