Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9 Million REGISTERED FREELANCERS

setumonroe
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
11 of 16

I saw the number also, but cant fathom how they came by it.

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
kugrin
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
12 of 16

Considering that many if not most freelancers work across multiple categories, and many job postings are in the wrong category, I'd be surprised if there were more than 300k active freelancers. What is interesting though that a new subplatform was developed for what seems to be one of the smallest categories, CS.

setumonroe
Community Guru
13 of 16
More like 150k per month, if we also consider those not available to search (private) etc. The category numbers overlap, but the availability numbers are absolute.
kugrin
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
14 of 16

@Setu M wrote:
More like 150k per month, if we also consider those not available to search (private) etc. The category numbers overlap, but the availability numbers are absolute.

But of that 150k, a big bulk is the same set of freelancers each month, no? In other words, whoever has been active in January is also most likely going to be active in February and so on. 

setumonroe
Community Guru
15 of 16
Yes, I would assume so. The individual active freelancers would not vary much each month.

The interesting thing would be to get the figures of job posts per category per month. As well as hires per category per month. But this data will not be accessible.

Jobs posted per category per month could be attained with some effort.
yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
16 of 16

Setu, great work. No idea when or how the number of active freelancers for July was determined, but wouldn't you expect this figure to increase significantly over the next few months with the influx of freelancers from elance?