🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » 95% of website design done but due to Wix Edi...
Page options
70c60ef3
Community Member

95% of website design done but due to Wix Editor Limitation Client's not happy

Hello,

So I have this client  who prepared a website draft on Wix Editor  and wanted a designer to  finish it in a week. Fair enough. But when I told her that the design she chose cannot be responsive on tablets and I suggested we need to slightly change the design, providng a visual of how it would look like, she started to be quite rude and aking if I cannot do the job.

I told her many times that this depends on the Wix Editor (which unlike XEditor is not tablet friendly)  and they badly judged the Editor. 

So now I suspect they just wanted it cheap (saying she prepared a draft  whcih was soooo far away from what I designed) and trying to not pay at all!

What do you reccomend I do? Also note I new in UpWork. TIA!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

The reason one uses Wix is ease of use.

One does NOT use Wix if you want to do whatever you want to do.

I suppose the freelancer could have communicated this more effectively to the client.

But ultimately, this is the PROJECT MANAGER'S responsibility.

It is NOT any freelancer's responsibility to make a web development project succeed.

It is the project manager's responsibility.

It is not any freelancer's responsibility to choose the right develpment tool or platform for the project.

That is the project manager's responsibility.

These are some important facts. But these aren't necessarily things that the freelancer should tell the client.

The freelancer should not argue with the client at all.

My recommendation to the freelancer is to mostly ignore the client, because clearly the client is being irrational and communication with the client does not appear to be doing anything useful.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
osama_minhas_786
Community Member

Here the communication skills will work, Just show her with some of the screen shots that this is not on the freelancer end instead a CMS limitation.

Oh I tried, believe me, I sent her Screenshots and Visuals with explanations and screenshots with options....she is just trying to say it's on me that I am not doing it like she wants it and not doing my job......without accepting any of the suggestions /solutions I proposed 😑

that is why I suspect she is just trying to have it for free now....not sure if she can?

bobafett999
Community Member

Why didn't you do the work the way she wanted.  You could have warned her about not being responsive, but ultimately you do what they want.

Done & Done, still she wants something that the Editor doesn not allow to

2a05aa63
Community Member

Never take "95% work done! easy finish!!". These jobs mean you have to start from zero but the clients only pays 5% worth of the job.

The client doesn't seem to be very competent. I'd just say "Sorry, but I cannot help you further. I'm going to close the contract so you can hire another freelancer that will be able to."

prestonhunter
Community Member

The reason one uses Wix is ease of use.

One does NOT use Wix if you want to do whatever you want to do.

I suppose the freelancer could have communicated this more effectively to the client.

But ultimately, this is the PROJECT MANAGER'S responsibility.

It is NOT any freelancer's responsibility to make a web development project succeed.

It is the project manager's responsibility.

It is not any freelancer's responsibility to choose the right develpment tool or platform for the project.

That is the project manager's responsibility.

These are some important facts. But these aren't necessarily things that the freelancer should tell the client.

The freelancer should not argue with the client at all.

My recommendation to the freelancer is to mostly ignore the client, because clearly the client is being irrational and communication with the client does not appear to be doing anything useful.

70c60ef3
Community Member

thank you Preston, that is so true! Great analysis!  Stay  Calm & Design! Client's accepted my proposal in the end (they propbably googled looking for some solutions...), so just delivered and let's see!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths