🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: A Change in policy or misleading wording
Page options
filip_s
Community Member

A Change in policy or misleading wording

I added a link to a behance project in my latest proposal and got this warning. Is this a change in policy, and skype, links and similar are no longer allowed in proposals or is it just poor/misleading wording.up.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
yeasir_arafat_13
Community Member

It's just a warning message they are showing, nothing serious at all.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Filip,

Including your Behance profile link in your proposal is allowed and the message you're seeing is educational and designed to help freelancers work safely on Upwork.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Vladimir G wrote:

Including your Behance profile link in your proposal is allowed and the message you're seeing is educational and designed to help freelancers work safely on Upwork.

Please pass on to the powers to be that it is apallingly badly worded if it is indeed meant to be purely educational.

Please also pass on that it interprets any numbers, even inside something completely unrelated, as phonenumbers.

Petra R wrote:

Please also pass on that it interprets any numbers, even inside something completely unrelated, as phonenumbers.

Indeed. Every time I include a link to my Upwork profile in a proposal or communication, the string of numbers in the URL triggers the phone number warning.

jmccpa
Community Member

And I just submitted a Proposal regarding a Job Poster's prior years' tax returns in which I stated I had retained software for the years 2015-2018 and got that highlighted in yellow with a warning message.

Joe

Joseph M. C. ,P.C., CPA/ABV
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths