🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » A Client is in a Need of a Questionare Form
Page options
whiteboardland
Community Member

A Client is in a Need of a Questionare Form

Hello dear freelancers, I start this with wishing you best wishes for you the holidays! May you be healthy and have beautiful momemnts with your family and friends!

So I was speaking to a client yesterday, previously I had bid on their project and then the discussion continued in my inbox. The client liked my samples and price, but then they requested a "Questionare Form" to be sent by me. They explained that questionnaire form means a form that involves questions regarding the voiceover, animation theme, subtitles, background music, etc. I researched the Internet and YouTube and I could not find anything on the topic. So what do you suggest?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I've never heard of this form, and I think the client must want you to make your own and provide the information on it. You need to ask them for a clearer explanation of what they mean. As far as I know, there is no such thing as a standard Upwork "questionnaire form" that's ready for you to use.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
roberty1y
Community Member

That's a question you'd need to put the client - what kind of information are they looking for? If they've already decided you're going to do the job, you should consider being paid for any further time you spend giving them information and discussing the project.

Thank you for your reply, but they strongly insist on sending them this form. How do I find this form please?

Kalin E wrote:

How do I find this form please?

It doesn't exist unless you create it.

Thank you, Petra, personally do you use such form? Would you mind sending me one as an example? Thank you 

Only you can make out the form, because it would be unique to the job you're doing. You need to get back to your client and ask them what they need to know. It's a bit strange for a client to ask a freelancer to send a "questionnaire" when they can just put the questions straight to them. 

Kalin E wrote:

Thank you, Petra, personally do you use such form? 

No, I have never used such a form, it exists only in your client's mind.

I've never heard of this form, and I think the client must want you to make your own and provide the information on it. You need to ask them for a clearer explanation of what they mean. As far as I know, there is no such thing as a standard Upwork "questionnaire form" that's ready for you to use.

whiteboardland
Community Member

Thank you so much guys for helping a fellow freelancer out, even on a Christmas occasion. Okay I will try to put something together, perhaps a previous member used such method and the client is after the same. Thank you so much again for helping me!

Google "client onboarding questionnaire" (I assume this is what they're talking about) - you should be able to find some templates that you can adapt. I do use questionnaires with nearly all of my clients, as I need the same basic information before starting any project, and like to have a detailed written brief.

If the client wants you to fill out an onboarding form or something, it's a bit weird that they want you to create it, if a company uses forms for new people, they usually have their own. I find the request slightly strange, and very unusual. So be careful what they want and don't communicate outside of upwork before hire. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members