🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » A Client message me outside of the Upwork pla...
Page options
iamabdurrahman
Community Member

A Client message me outside of the Upwork platform

I got a  message from one of my clients via Behance. I think his upwork account is blocked due to some reason. 
Now, what should I do?  Please check the attachment.

Thank you!
Abdur Rahman

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Well, like i say. I have no idea of the implications on your account. But gut instinct tells me that it would still be a violation to work with them outside the platform.

I know there is an exception to this rule that after (i think 2 years?) you can work outside the platform, but im not sure on the exact rules to that, and it would mean that you would have to of had your first contract with him over 2 years ogo (or however long the rule is)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
hoyle_editing
Community Member

Well, i know full well that working with a client off platform is a serious ToS violation - However, if the client does not and can not have an upwork account anymore then i dont know how those rules stand. 

But, i would question....

1 - If he has been blocked from upwork what has he done and do you really want to get involved?

2 - Is it worth risking a ToS violation for a logo design?

I'm sure someone that knows a little more about ToS will be along soon, but if it were me i'd be steering clear.

Hi Jonathan, Thank you for your quick response. 1. I don't what he has done and I would like to involve if there no problem with my account. 2. No

Well, like i say. I have no idea of the implications on your account. But gut instinct tells me that it would still be a violation to work with them outside the platform.

I know there is an exception to this rule that after (i think 2 years?) you can work outside the platform, but im not sure on the exact rules to that, and it would mean that you would have to of had your first contract with him over 2 years ogo (or however long the rule is)

Thank you for the information.

Let's wait for the   100% perfect solution because this is my life I don't want to spoil it with just these outside works.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Abdur,

We won't be able to share information about another user's account status. Unless you pay the opt out fee, it would be considered a ToS violation to receive payment outside of Upwork if it's been fewer than 24 months since you had first contact with this client on Upwork. Please reach out to customer support if you would like to learn more about the opt out fee.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thank you for your message.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths