🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » A Couple of Feedback and Suggestions - A Coup...
Page options
f186651e
Community Member

A Couple of Feedback and Suggestions - A Couple of Job Feed Filters

First, I would like to be a way to filter out job offers based on a particular keyword in order to "clean" my job feed even further from unwanted projects.

For example, I often see job proposals to work on particular social media, like TikTok for example, or to work on optimizing an Amazon or Etsy listing.

I don´t usually work on any of those projects but I often see 6+ job offers from them on my feed. So, I would love to have an option to filter out job offers based on a particular keyword like "TikTok" or "Etsy".

Second, why do I see job offers from projects I am unable to apply to? Like, for example, for geographical reasons?

I am from Venezuela, and I often open a job offer I am interested in just to realize I can´t even apply because the client filtered out applicants from just the US or EU or other countries or regions?

I should even be able to see projects I will be unable to apply for on my job feed.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers and stay safe!

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, Roger. I'll be sure to share it with the team.

Have you tried using Advanced Search Techniques for Finding Jobs

Clients can create preferences for freelancers from specific countries, but please note this would be a preference and would not exclude freelancers located in other countries from applying. Those are preferences, not requirements (unless you make the job post US-Only). 

~ Bojan
Upwork
f186651e
Community Member

...but please note this would be a preference and would not exclude freelancers located in other countries from applying. Those are preferences, not requirements (unless you make the job post US-Only). 

oh nice!!!

f186651e
Community Member

Have you tried using Advanced Search Techniques for Finding Jobs

I actually have tried the advanced search feature here but it wasn´t what I was referring to. I don´t want to filter IN jobs I might be interested in but to filter OUT jobs from my feed I just know I won´t be applying for.

Thanks!!

aitringo
Community Member

I agree with you on the first point Roger!

However, for the second point, clients only choose their geographical preferences. (I assume not all).
The proof is that I've been hired in the past, in projects that excluded me geographically speaking.
So excluding those projects from your feed will only reduce your opportunities.

I've been hired in the past, in projects that excluded me geographically speaking.

I´ve always avoided applying for jobs that exclude me geographically because I find it disrespectful to apply for the job if the client doesn´t want freelancers from my region to apply in the first place.

Also, I remember reading it somewhere here on Upwork as a recommendation that we need to respect those filters imposed by clients. After all, they are there for a reason.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members