🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: A Few questions related to JSS
Page options
ae125c83
Community Member

A Few questions related to JSS

1. "Does having an open contract without any payment transactions for the last 3 months negatively affect our Job Success Score (JSS) on Upwork?"

2. "If a contract is closed without ever receiving any payment, does that affect your Job Success Score (JSS) on Upwork?"

4 REPLIES 4
NikolaS

Hi Aayush,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to let you know that your Job Success Score can change for a number of reasons, even without recent activity. Your best JSS score will be displayed based on the rolling windows when it is calculated. Sometimes, new contracts are added that impact your JSS. Other times, old activity is aged out.

For example, a contract will no longer count in your six-month JSS window once it is six months and one day old.

Your JSS can change because:

• You receive poor public or private feedback from one or more clients
  • You receive very positive public or private feedback from one or more clients
  • A higher-value job is added to your JSS and it outweighs lower-value jobs
  • Past jobs are no longer considered because they fall outside the time frame

In regards to your second question. Contracts with $0 earned and positive feedback will be excluded from JSS.

You can find more information here

~ Nikola
Upwork
ae125c83
Community Member

But no contract was ended from last 14 days except a contract in which there was no payment. Then how my JSS can reduce by 2%. And From the last 6 months also, there is no negative feedback.

One of my contract starts 4 months back, but I didn't received any money on that from the start of contract, Did that contract can affect my JSS?

Any update on this?

Hi Aayush,

We cannot reveal how your JSS is calculated. However, to answer your question, even a contract with no earnings can still affect a JSS since it still allows clients to give private feedback.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members