🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » A bad review from a Client after I managed to...
Page options
ennasri_othmane
Community Member

A bad review from a Client after I managed to answer his guideline & 1-round of editing

Dear Community, 

What to do with obsessive Clients who make sure to leave a very bad review although you have done YOUR BEST and lost your profit going through rounds of editing ? 

I left a great review because I guess it's "Alice in Wonderland" in my head and I learned a lot from this experience but I was shocked by his review. 

HELP PLEASE how can I open a case and get this review deleted ? I have a full conversation as a proof and all recorded in Upwork chat.

Best regards

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Othmane E wrote:

HELP PLEASE how can I open a case and get this review deleted ? 

You can't.

prachi163
Community Member

No amount of proof will help you in this case. The contract is paid and closed. Had you been top rated, you could have asked Support to remove the feedback and/or exclude it from the JSS calculation. But since you are not, this is not an option for you. The best you can do is learn whatever you can from this experience and move on.

Now THAT's a great and informative answer, Prachi!

moonraker
Community Member

Othmane E wrote:

What to do with obsessive Clients who make sure to leave a very bad review although you have done YOUR BEST and lost your profit going through rounds of editing ? 

You might have done 'YOUR BEST', but that does not necesarilly mean the client got what they asked for. 

Having said that... the client's profile suggests they are not the easiest to work with. I'd have avoided them personally. Something to bear in mind for future jobs. 

And it's possible this client's feedback won't be counted in his freelancer's JSS calculations.

Upwork says the following about excluding feedback from certain clients when calculating a freelancers' Job Success Score:

"We understand that some projects have bad outcomes because the client is difficult to work with. So we track freelancer feedback of clients and flag those clients with a history of poor collaboration. If one of your clients has been flagged (or has been suspended for Terms of Service violations), then the client's feedback will not count against your score."

So, always leave feedback for every client. Upwork pays attention to what freelancers say about clients.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

All,

Several posts have been removed from this thread as they were off topic and against the  Community Guidelines.

Please, note that being disrespectful towards other members, personal attacks based on a user's lack of knowledge or experience of Upwork platform are not allowed. 

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members