🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » A client can't provide me the info that is vi...
Page options
yungplayz
Community Member

A client can't provide me the info that is vital for the job. How do I not trash my success rate?

Hi!

In my last order the task turned out to be impossible because of the circumstances neither I nor the client knew about when we were engaging in a contract.

Specifically, the script I should make was supposed to use the cleint's company's IMAP server, and I need the server settings such as IMAP address and port to write the script correctly. However, turned out that nobody in the client's company knows the correct settings, so the client can't provide me with those.

How do we close this contract without damaging each other's rating, and specifically, without damaging my success rate? After all, I successfully wrote a script that works on a test server, I just need to feed it settings that the client should tell me, but is unable to. Because of that my perfectly working script can't be used in the field by the client. I think I don't deserve getting my success rate down when I'm at completely no fault the task can't be done (and the client aggrees the fault is not mine, no dispute here).

Any suggestions?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Andrii M wrote:

How do we close this contract without damaging each other's rating, and specifically, without damaging my success rate? ).

Make sure you are paid something for your work. Then the client can close the contract and leave feedback as per usual.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Andrii M wrote:

How do we close this contract without damaging each other's rating, and specifically, without damaging my success rate? ).

Make sure you are paid something for your work. Then the client can close the contract and leave feedback as per usual.

Petra R wrote:

The job was fix price. Is there a way I can reduce the price after the contract has been established?
Anyways, thank you very much for responding to the original question!

Andrii M wrote:

Petra R wrote:

The job was fix price. Is there a way I can reduce the price after the contract has been established?

Sure you can 🙂 Just go to the submit button on the contract and click on it, requesting an amount that you and your client have agreed on, then submit. The client can approve this (lower) amount and then close the contract, requesting the remaining escrow funds back. You can approve that and everyone is happy.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths