🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: A client deceived me.
Page options
sergua
Community Member

A client deceived me.

I signed a contract and started work. But I made sure that the money has a status of Funded.
I finished the work and sent all the files to the client. He immediately disappeared and turned off the card and completely ignored the messenger. I made a request for a withdrawal of funds since I finished the work and the Upwork always guarantees a refund if the funds have the Funded status. What should I do to get my money back? Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Sergey,

I'd like to look into this for you. Please share the contract ID so I can check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
sergua
Community Member

Hi Sergey,

Thanks for sharing the contract ID. I checked and it looks like the contract is currently on hold. Please note that if there's a problem with your client’s Upwork account, your contract with them will be paused and you cannot continue to bill that client through Upwork until the issue is resolved. There are many possible reasons this could occur, although we can’t share the specifics regarding your client’s account due to privacy concerns.

You may want to wait for the hold on the contract to be lifted before taking any action or doing any additional work on the contract. For more information, please check out this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Sergey K wrote:

I signed a contract and started work. But I made sure that the money has a status of Funded.
I finished the work and sent all the files to the client. He immediately disappeared and turned off the card.

What do you mean by "he turned off the card?"

If the milestone was funded, and you correctly submitted the work using the "Submit for payment" function, the funds in Escrow are released to you after 14 days, provided the client's payment method was verified when you accepted the contract.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths