cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A client gave me a 1 star and a negative feedback even though I work hard and communicate with them.

Highlighted
Froilan L Member Since: Jan 14, 2015
1 of 13

A client gave me a 1 star and a negative feedback even though I work hard and communicate with them. They just ended my contract without any warning when I ask a raise on my salary because of the additional task given to me. Can I remove those negative feedback??

Highlighted
Community Guru
Craig A Member Since: Jan 18, 2016
2 of 13

No. You cannot remove the negative feedback.

I think the client is able change the feedback, but not the freelancer.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
3 of 13

You can respond to the feedback.

Here are some other threads on the topic:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=how+to+handle+negative+feedback

Highlighted
Reyazul Masud R Member Since: Apr 19, 2013
4 of 13

Does the Reponding to a feedback still available at Upwork? I think it's already removed. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 13

Hi Reyazul Masud,

I can confirm the option to respond to feedback is available.

Highlighted
6 of 13

Sometimes we have to consider a peach of bread to catch a fish. You can't change feedback. But in this situation the best decision is: "Communicate with your client and tell him how bad it is for you to have 1 star feedback." He has a human mind so he will understand your problem. Convince him to change the feedback (You have to enable him to change the feedback. You can do this from My Jobs>View All contracts> Click on “The project title” Enable client to change feedback. ) and do apologize to him for requesting additional payment. Even if you can do anything for him to convince him do that and make him impress to change your feedback.”

You should always be aware of perfect dealing during you take a project. Talk about everything before you take a project. Make conversation about additional work. This way you can avoid this kind of interruptions. :-) I wish everything will be resolved and you will be able to convince him to change your feedback. I am sorry about your problem my friend. Don’t worry we all learn from our mistakes. Happy Freelancing!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
7 of 13

@Reyazul Masud R wrote:

Sometimes we have to consider a peach of bread to catch a fish. You can't change feedback. But in this situation the best decision is: "Communicate with your client and tell him how bad it is for you to have 1 star feedback." He has a human mind so he will understand your problem. Convince him to change the feedback (You have to enable him to change the feedback. You can do this from My Jobs>View All contracts> Click on “The project title” Enable client to change feedback. ) and do apologize to him for requesting additional payment. Even if you can do anything for him to convince him do that and make him impress to change your feedback.”

You should always be aware of perfect dealing during you take a project. Talk about everything before you take a project. Make conversation about additional work. This way you can avoid this kind of interruptions. :-) I wish everything will be resolved and you will be able to convince him to change your feedback. I am sorry about your problem my friend. Don’t worry we all learn from our mistakes. Happy Freelancing!

Why will there be a need to convince the client to change his or her feedback?  Is enabling the client to change the feedback the same as convincing him or her to do so? Is happy freelancing synonymous with using force towards events and people's reactions towards one's work over which we do not have control?

Highlighted
8 of 13

Dear, Juvy Ann P. I am sorry for using the word "convince" I should have use the word "request". If I just enable a client to change my feedback why will he change this if he already provided his reaction? I am not telling to force someone for changing the feedback. I think we should atleast request them once (by massage, email or skype) to change the feedback enabling the system at Upwork. But there is no other way without doing good work according to the deal. If we do any additional work that is out of the deal we should discus about the payment before we start additional work.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Evelina H Member Since: Jan 29, 2015
9 of 13

Indeed, a request by massage should do the trick!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Maria Marilyn M Member Since: Oct 27, 2010
10 of 13

Do note that a request for feedback change is only possible within a 14 days window from the day the contract was ended. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS