🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » A client gave me access to her account, now i...
Page options
benjamin_blue
Community Member

A client gave me access to her account, now i am trying to remove the access and am stuck!

Hi all,

I have a long-term client who I helped choose another freelancer. To do this she gave me access to her Upwork account, and now that process is completed but i am still attached or have acess (unsure of what the terminology is in her Upwork dashboard) and I get all of her and the new freelancer(s) message notifications. I need to not see those and not have acess anymore.

I asked her to remove me which I don't know if she did it the right way, or not. If i click my name in the upper right whilst logged in to Upwork, i still see her name below, as an option to switch to that accout:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

and if i select that Client account, i get:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

So, I am not sure if i do have acess or do not. Can anyone share thier insight? Do I still have access or not? If i do, what exactly do i tell her to do to unattach me?

Thanks!

Ben

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Ben,

I checked and yes, you do still have Chat Permissions for your client's account. She will need to go to her Settings> Members and Permissions and update your permissions. To help her with that feel free to send her this help article with instructions. If that doesn't work, let us know and we'll have somebody reach out to her to assist her further.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Ben,

I checked and yes, you do still have Chat Permissions for your client's account. She will need to go to her Settings> Members and Permissions and update your permissions. To help her with that feel free to send her this help article with instructions. If that doesn't work, let us know and we'll have somebody reach out to her to assist her further.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi  Valeria!

Thank you for the reply, i will do just that.

Ben

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members