🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: A client hired me, and never give me any ...
Page options
lazarmilosh
Community Member

A client hired me, and never give me any work. And now the contract is temporarily suspended!

A client hired me, and never give me any work, but also haven't finished the contract!

And now the contract is temporarily suspended! Can l get banned? (hourly job)

And l have other contracts, that l work with, and don't have any problems!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Martina P wrote:

Lazar M wrote:

No, l didnt't do anything!

He hiered me, and then asked me for Skype intervew, and he said that we won't work together, and never stoped the contract. I guess that's why the contract is suspended!

I just want to know, if anyone had similar experience.

That was a scammer. 

Most unlikely. Where in the world does that even come from? What hint is there of a scam?

It's Friday. The client simply failed to pay for something on Monday.

Lazar, you won't get banned, but with nothing ever paid, the contract will have a negative impact on your metrics.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
tlbp
Community Member

What makes you think you would be banned because of the contract suspension? Is the suspension because of something you did? 

lazarmilosh
Community Member

He hiered me, and then asked me for Skype intervew, and he said that we won't work together, and never stoped the contract. I guess that's why the contract is suspended!

Lazar M wrote:

That was a scammer. Why did you accept a contract without prior discussion and verification of the task, including receiving all materials you need to work? That is a huge mistake which will be bad for your rating. 

And yes, lots of people. But you win the prize for being the first who got hired first, sorry.... Guess the scammers already know about the new upwork policy about communication before hire. 

The thing is that we agreed on the work, and everything, and then he told me that l have to talk with his boss.  And then his boss told me that we won't work together. 

So is there any chance that l can be banned for this? - That's my biggest fear!

And l have other long term clients, that l work with, and everything is perfect!

Martina P wrote:

Lazar M wrote:

That was a scammer. 

Most unlikely. Where in the world does that even come from? What hint is there of a scam?

It's Friday. The client simply failed to pay for something on Monday.

Lazar, you won't get banned, but with nothing ever paid, the contract will have a negative impact on your metrics.

Thank you very much!

I have contracts that are 10 times highly hourly rate, so it won't have that big impact! 

I was just afraid of ban.

So, thank you again!

Lazar M wrote:

Thank you very much!

I have contracts that are 10 times highly hourly rate, so it won't have that big impact! 

I was just afraid of ban.

So, thank you again!

What I don't understand is why you didn't run the tracker for the meeting with the boss person. You had a contract. Even tracking a mere 10 minutes would neutralize any impact of that contract on your JSS...

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths