🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » A client just ended the contract without payi...
Page options
ranaumer21
Community Member

A client just ended the contract without paying

I took on a small job from a client about a month ago. Upon completion he started making unrealistic demands from me. I had done everything that he wanted to get done. I tried to tell him what changes are possible and what are not. But he didn't respond to them. I sent him payment request again but he requested another change and then out of nowhere ended the contract. How is it possible that he can do that with escrow? I thought both parties had to agree in order to break the escrow? 
What can I do now and what should I do?

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "What can I do now and what should I do?"

The most important thing for you to do now is to figure out what you did wrong, so that you can avoid making the same mistakes again in the future.

re: "...and then out of nowhere ended the contract. How is it possible that he can do that with escrow? I thought both parties had to agree in order to break the escrow?"

If any money is funded in escrow, it is not possible for the client to simpy close the contract and get the money back. The only way for the client to get the escrow money refunded back to him is if he requests a refund and if you agree to that, by clicking a button.

So something here does not ddd up.

petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad Umar K wrote:

I sent him payment request again but he requested another change and then out of nowhere ended the contract. How is it possible that he can do that with escrow? I thought both parties had to agree in order to break the escrow? 
What can I do now and what should I do?

Wait for the request for a return of escrow funds, which you will have a choice to dispute or approve.

If you believe the work was done as per the contract, click on "Dispute" and let the dispute take its course.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members