🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » A client requesting refund for the payment he...
Page options
bharadhan94
Community Member

A client requesting refund for the payment he done for a completed work (Fixed Price contract)

A client made a payment as bonus for a work I have completed and he got the project on a fixed price contract. Now he is asking for a refund mentioning the reason as "The project is cancelled by his client" and he does not want it.

The contract is not yet closed its open still.

Note:

I have already completed the work and he got all the files.

Now what I need to do ? 

11 REPLIES 11
petra_r
Community Member

Bharadhan V wrote:

A client made a payment as bonus for a work I have completed and he got the project on a fixed price contract.

There is no protection for bonus payments, which is why most people avoid using them as payment for services rendered. 

I would politely refuse, as his client is his problem, not your problem.

Are we talking about a lot of money?

Is there any way of refusing the refund request,

the money we are talking about is  $10.

he has not yet written a review.

Bharadhan V wrote:

Is there any way of refusing the refund request,

Yes, write to the client and tell them you are not willing to refund.

Bharadhan V wrote:

the money we are talking about is  $10.

he has not yet written a review.

I can't believe a client doing that over $ 10... That's pathetic.

Just politely refuse. 

Should I write to the client via message or any other way is there?

Bharadhan V wrote:

Should I write to the client via message?

Yes

What will happen to the refund request he gave, is there any way for refusing it after I write in the message.

Should I inform the Upwork that I have completed the job and I refuse the refund request from the client

Bharadhan V wrote:

1. Should I inform the Upwork that I have completed the job and I refuse the refund request from the client

2. What will happen to the refund request he gave, is there any way for refusing it after I write in the message.

1. Absolutely no need. Upwork really don't want to get involved with nonsense like that.

2. Just ignore that, it'll go away by itself. There is no "reject / refuse" function for it.

A small doubt will it get refunded as like in hourly contracts If I don't approve the refund.

How can I refuse the refund request.

Will I face any issues because of this

Bharadhan V wrote:

1. How can I refuse the refund request.

2. Will I face any issues because of this

1. As repeated several times: Write a polite message to the client refusing on the basis that you did the work and got paid. There is no other way. 

2. Not from Upwork's side, no.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members