🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: A client sent me an offer but never gave ...
Page options
swatikumar88
Community Member

A client sent me an offer but never gave me any work

What to do if a client sends you an offer but never gave you any work?
8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Swati K wrote:
What to do if a client sends you an offer but never gave you any work?

That is unfortunate. You should never accept an offer without having everything you need to get started. How long ago did the contract start and is it hourly or fixed rate?

Its been 2 and a half weeks

Swati K wrote:
Its been 2 and a half weeks

hourly or fixed rate?

All you can do for now is wait, but sooner or later you will have to close the contract if the client does not appear again. It will hurt your JSS if left open after 2-3 months and also hurt your JSS if closed without feedback, so you may need to use your top rated perk to kill the JSS impact of that contract.

In future, never accept a contract unless you have what you need to earn at least $ 1 from the contract because "nothing paid" contracts hurt your JSS if open too long or closed without feedback.

Thanks for your the information Petra.

Its an hourly job. 

I am going to wait for him to reply to my messages for another week. 
I think through JSS perks i can only remove client's feedback, right?

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Swati K wrote:

Thanks for your the information Petra.

Its an hourly job. 

I am going to wait for him to reply to my messages for another week. 
I think through JSS perks i can only remove client's feedback, right?

Please correct me if i am wrong.

No, you can also use it to remove the JSS impact of the "nothing paid" contract. I know for sure because I have been in this situation myself.

Alternatively you might want to log 10 minutes of time to write to the client and explain that you are still waiting to get started and so on. That would completely negate the negative effect but the client might not like it so much...

Oh! The client will not like it. I will try to contact him again.

can i ask the client to close the job (if there's no work ) and give me good feedback? Is that going to help?

Swati K wrote:

can i ask the client to close the job (if there's no work ) and give me good feedback? Is that going to help?

Sure! Try that. If it still affects your JSS, just use the perk.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths