cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A client took my work and I never got paid.

nporter72292
Active

**edited for Community Guidelines** never paid me for doing a freelance job. He told me he would pay me in 12 days and still has not paid me. Is there a customer support I can report this to like Amazon that will charge him? 
Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
tlsanders
Community Guru

Your recourse, if you have any, depends on the context.

Did you have a contract?

If so, was it a fixed price or hourly job?

If you didn't have a contract, there is likely nothing you can do.

If you had an hourly contract and properly tracked your time, your payment is protected and will be processed automatically.

If you had a fixed price job and submitted it by clicking the "submit work/request payment" button, your payment will be automatically approved in 14 days unless the client takes some sort of action, such as requesting revisions or requesting a refund.

dwik-nader
Active

My dear, there is nothing you can do now if you have already submitted the final work, so next time be aware and take this as a lesson,

Are you hired for the job ?
Did he fund the project ?

This is your best case scenario, if not then you have nothing to do.

good luck

aocumen

Hi Nathalie, 

I checked your account and can see that there is no contract under the My Jobs section of your account. In the future, please do not start any work until you were offered a contract, and it shows in the My Jobs section of your account. 

Please stop communicating with this client, use Upwork Protection Programs, only accept to get paid through the platform and never pay in order to bid or be able to work on a job. 

To help you work safely on Upwork, please have a look at tips and warning signs shared in this thread and Upwork Trust & Safety FAQ.

~ Avery
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS