🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » A closed posting concern
Page options
shelliebowles
Community Member

A closed posting concern

I submitted a proposal and the job was closed, but I was contacted by the client through upwork before the postin closed. The E-mail I recieved stated the posting was closed as it didn't meet upwork terms. I have contacted these folks through Google hangeout as that is what the e-mail stated. How do I know if this is legit, the person I have been talking to on google Hangout?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi ShellieLavonne,

Thanks for flagging this job to us. I've checked and the job you're referring to has already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork ToS and action has been taken on the client account. 

Please, check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

It is not "legit."

If this was a legitimate job, it would not have been forcibly removed from Upwork for violating Upwork rules.

There is no job here.

The Google Hangouts scammers just want money from your bank account. They typically are able to steal between $2000 and $3000 from newbie freelancers such as yourself if the freelancers follow their instructions. I advise you to block them.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi ShellieLavonne,

Thanks for flagging this job to us. I've checked and the job you're referring to has already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork ToS and action has been taken on the client account. 

Please, check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths