🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » A company proposed to pay me outside upwork
Page options
it-pro-tech
Community Member

A company proposed to pay me outside upwork

Recently I had an interview with a company which I am not going to name it for minimum respect and professionalism. During the interview they said that payment will be done outside upwork, probably everything will be done outside. When I asked for explanation they said because of upwork's high cut. While actually I am in urgent need to work, I still thinking of the possibility when things go wrong and I will be unable to defend my rights. Any suggestions please. Thank you.
1 REPLY 1
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hamdi,

Please note that offering and accepting payments off Upwork is a violation of Upwork TOS. Upwork requires all payments to go through our platform and offers Upwork Payment Protection for both hourly and fixed-price contracts. You can refer to Section 7 of the User Agreement for detailed information.

You may want to consider checking out this help article for more information on how to use the flag option to report any TOS violation.

Additionally, could you please send me a private message with more information about this?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members