🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » A dispute raised for a refund due to the clie...
Page options
mirzayosuf
Community Member

A dispute raised for a refund due to the client's partners issues

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mohd Yosuf Yawar H M wrote:

he gave me by tracking down my email. 

Then I'm sure you can show Upwork the screenshot of you instantly and immediately refunding the PayPal payment back to the client, right?

And how did the client find out which email is attached to your PayPal account anyway?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

he told me don't worry about the refund we will pay you via PayPal

You allowed a client to pay you via PayPal? That is a violation of Upwork's most sacred rule and may well cost you your account.

Although I have cleared everything that he only pays me for this refund and we will only be using this platform to work

Upwork don't care where you "work" - they do, however, care where you get paid and accepting payment outside Upwork is most strictly forbidden.

There is also the question why you left a dispute open when you have actually been paid via PayPal.

Your post contains a lot of irrelevant details. Here's how I manage my business: 1. Client hires me on Upwork. 2. Client pays me on Upwork. I don't care if the client is a "hiring manager" or the CEO or whether they pay me with their own card or with a company card or what struggles their company might be having; if they ask for a refund or promise to pay me on PayPal (which could cost me my Upwork account) I don't accept that, and I certainly don't agree to any further contracts. It's actually pretty simple.

I did not agree to this PayPal refunding process which is outside of Upwork he did this. leaving the footprints with the company PayPal account to which he took a screenshot to use it against me. 

Because getting money outside of Upwork is strictly prohibited, I don't ask for the money he gave me by tracking down my email. 

he gave me by tracking down my email. 

Then I'm sure you can show Upwork the screenshot of you instantly and immediately refunding the PayPal payment back to the client, right?

And how did the client find out which email is attached to your PayPal account anyway?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members