cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A drop from 100% to 95% in one single day. HOW?

iuliiash
Iuliia S Member Since: May 13, 2015
11 of 51

I have one contract ended and also two went out of 24 month scope. So I think my Job Success must be updated. But 16 days passed without changes. I wrote many times to Support Team but they do not want to fix it. Moreover I anticipated to obtain Top Contractor with this change but this also is not occur.
Did anyone experience this problem?

setumonroe
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
12 of 51

I just want to remind everyone about this thread, and in particular Garnor's response about half way down the page.

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
natram
Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
13 of 51

Setu wrote

"I was given the understand on two separate occasions from CS reps explicitly that they had closed my contract and marked it as 'successfully completed'."

That's what I was told too. 

setumonroe
Community Guru
14 of 51
Interesting to say the least. I have been loosely monitoring my JS score over a couple weeks since and it has not been negatively affected. But I cannot make a direct correlation as many other positives went towards the score in that time period also.

But what is the truth? I bet if we had access to even a small data set, an approximation could be figured out.
whogg72
Community Guru
William H Member Since: Dec 2, 2013
15 of 51

I was fearing this weeks' JS update, after the 1* doofus debacle, but it only went from 96-94. Just closed 2 5* jobs, so I expect it to go back up a bit next week.

natram
Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
16 of 51

William, I just saw your profile and I am very impressed. You have many returning clients and that alone speaks voume about you and your work. You could have easily rerunded the $18 to the client but you didn't. I really admire that. No wonder you are successful. Smiley Happy

iftikhar-ishaq
Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
17 of 51

Natasa retuning $18 also can go against  William and may effect more than it effect now as the robot really dont like refunds.

setumonroe
Community Guru
18 of 51

@ Iftikhar,

If you have that many inactive completed contracts for such a long period of time, I would advise that you start taking some action. Since the clients wont close the contracts or have gone inactive on Upwork you can try this strategy to lessen the impact on you job score.

For every 5 successfully completed contract that you complete you can close one of the contracts. And do this over time, so like one per month or two, until you have closed out all the contracts. You really have no other option but to close them, so use some strategy.

Just a little opinion.

iftikhar-ishaq
Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
19 of 51

Thanks Setu for the solution but i am not really a big fan of JS Rotot its too dangerous I would like the Upwork take some action or just remove them from the alogrithm.

setumonroe
Community Guru
20 of 51
I doubt that will ever happen Iftikhar. In the mean time you will run the risk of your JS going down because of the large amount on inactive contracts. Not to mention loss of opportunity because clients think you are too busy.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS